My Geek of a Fake Boyfriend Works for the CIA?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey, new readers! This is the first chapter of my story and AT LAST it has been edited! I sincerely hope you like it. Comment and I'll try to get back to you. :)

*Nathan's Pov*

"Agent Peters, do you copy?" The flea-sized earpiece crackled near my eardrum. I gritted my teeth to refrain from smiling. My hands were raised straight in the air as three Godzilla-sized men closed in on me with their machine guns pointed directly at my chest, loaded and ready to fire.

Was I in danger? Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, yes. But what these guys didn't know was that I always win.

Always.

My legs backed up against a workshop table. I struggled not to laugh. These guys were so serious! Of course, my humor was masked with a falsely terrified expression to prevent them from becoming pissed off at me and my nonchalance more than they already were. I needed to bide my time.

My body thrummed with adrenaline, giving me the high that came with my job. Ah, I loved this part.

"Tell us why you're here," Godzilla One grunted.

Snick! Using the back of my heel, I slowly activated the little lever attached to the miniature explosive device that had previously been attached to the left leg of the old workshop table.

"Tell us or I'll shoot your brains out!" Godzilla Two, the one with the facial scars, bellowed.

Idiot. I only possessed one brain. How original.

I allowed my eyes to focus on the figure clad in black cautiously rappelling into view in the northeast window. My jaw dropped with feigned surprise. I knew fully well the Godzillas would take their eyes off of me to look. They weren't the... sharpest tools in the toolkit. The pointiest crayons in the box. The cookies with the most chocolate chips in the cookie jar.

I had T-minus fifty-nine seconds. Could I make it out in time?

Without a doubt.

I counted to three. They turned their heads to the window, gaping at the new, lethally armed enemy. I grinned and flashed Carl a cheeky double thumbs up before dropping into a crouch, knees scraping the dirty warehouse floor as I heard the first machine gun go off.

I army crawled to the old, wooden door mere yards away and yanked it open. They didn't even lock it.

Idiots.

I shouted a careless "thanks!" of gratitude to Carl, who most likely couldn't even hear me through the earpiece due to the loud bangs signaling gunfire, and slammed the door behind me, making sure I locked it, before I sprinted toward the cliff in front of me at full speed.

If my counting was correct, I had five... four... three... two...

Heart pounding, mind racing, I launched myself off the cliff, flailing with an exhilarated roar of success as I plummeted downward.

BOOOOM!!!!

My body made harsh impact against the water, causing a sharp sting to assault all the nerves on my skin. I broke through the surface of the receding waves formed by my impact with my chest heaving with rapid breaths. I could see pieces of debris floating down to the ocean.

Thank heavens my suit was waterproof. Boss didn't curb any expenses.

"Agent Peters," I panted, clicking on my earpiece. I treaded water easily and smiled with satisfaction at the sky, hazy with various shades of gray smoke.

"Exterminated," I finished, grinning like an idiot. The copious amounts of paperwork I'd have to do now that the assignment was completed didn't even cross my mind as my heart thudded and I pumped my fist in a celebratory gesture of triumph.

Yes!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*Ainsley's PoV*

"Hey, Ainsley. I was... uh, wondering... if..."

"No," I said flatly, not even bothering to glance up at the guy speaking to me. I counted my steps away from him until I heard yet another male voice.

"YO! Winters! Party at my pad tonight, you in baby?"

I paused and cocked my head, a slow and malicious smile spreading across my lips. "Homework. So no... Babe," I drawled out in a sneer of disgust before walking away. I stormed to my locker, grabbed my favorite tie-dyed tote bag and binder, and matched to Home Ec.

"Hello, class!" Ms. Witherston said brightly, looking at the numerous faces of unenthusiastic teenagers.

"Morning, Ms. Witherston," we all grumbled. Except for me. I frowned at the suspiciously empty seat beside me and raised my hand.

"Yes, Miss Winters?" A chorus of male, daydreamy sighs filled the air and I resolved not to cringe.

"Where's my partner?" I asked. Frankly, I really couldn't care less. My partner was a prick of the arrogant variety, and equally smarmy, but he was a good partner by doing all the actual cooking and was always on time. I also didn't enjoy the way the guys were ogling the empty seat as if fervently wishing their butts would occupy it.

"Um, well Mr. Jacoby moved over the weekend but not to worry, we have a new student!" she crowed, clapping her hands together in what I assumed was excitement. Almost on cue, a tall, geeky guy with cropped brown, mousy hair and coke bottle glasses stepped into the room. Like... an awkwardly tall brunette Harry Potter.

He clutched his backpack to his chest and scowled murderously. The geek glared at his sneakers, standing at the front of the classroom awkwardly, not doing anything. My lips pursed as I scrutinized him. Somebody had a baseball bat lodged up his rear.

Too bad I didn't get to pick my own partner.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

*What do you think of Ainsley and of Nathan?

P.S. If you've read Harry Potter, tell me your favorite character!