Chapter 21

**PLEASE READ**

 First off, I AM SO SORRY. I didn't mean to abandon this story, but I had the worst case of writer's block for quite a while. (As you can see.) Thankfully, I managed to write out this chapter. However, it's rather confusing and very rushed so once this story is completed I am definitely going to come back and edit this chapter. I have never written about wanted criminals and how specialized branches of the government go about on business and etcetera, so this is all from my imagination. If there are errors you find and know how to correct, please tell me in a private message. At the end of it, I'll explain the whole thing with Nate (Geek) and U.E.L. since it might be a bit confusing. Read on!

 Chapter 21~

 ~Nate's PoV~

 0900 hours- Headquarters conference room

 Boss strolled into the conference room right as the decorative grandfather clock signaled the turn of the hour. Carl and I sat next to each other at the round, glass table, along with five other members of the specially selected Elite team. We were all waiting for the bomb to drop.

 Any minute now...

 Boss sat down at the head of the table and pinned every one of us with his signature icy stare. "I assume all of you know why this meeting has been called?'

 The seven of us nodded curtly in a perfectly synchronized manner.

 Boss relaxed slightly. "Good. So all of you know that U.E.L. has been spotted. We need to move-- fast. They need to be shut down once and for all. All of the men in that group have been wanted by the government for quite a long time. U.E.L. has constantly been on the move ever since our first disastrous encounter with them. Because of how that attack ended, we haven't been able to locate them easily until this week, miraculously. Do all of you know who U.E.L. is?" he asked, giving a sweeping glance at all of our faces. Two or three guys shook their heads.

 "U.E.L. stands for Ultimate Enemies of the Law. They are a group set out for vengeance against the American government. There are a variety of reasons why they want revenge, most of them unknown. U.E.L. is wanted because of their conspiracies against the government and their relations with drug dealing in the past and, possibly, present. We have a slight fear they might plan an attack that could be a greater catastrophe than 9/11," Boss reported gravely. Unease twisted in my stomach.

 "That is just a rumor, though, and it has not been disputed. Point is, they are wanted, dead or alive. That is where you come in. I am going to assign each of you jobs, and then we will all consult the private think tank and plan our next move. Smithson, you are the designated aerial sniper," Boss addressed Carl, who puffed up his chest proudly at the news.

 "Peters, you are on the ground in combat." Boss met my relieved gaze with a subtle warning in his unreadable eyes.

 Now that I was given the position I wanted-- needed-- the rest of the meeting flew by in a blur. After the meeting was dispersed, I lingered in order to catch Boss alone.

 "Get to the point, Peters," Boss grunted bluntly. My palms were getting sweaty, a sign of my overwhelmed state.

 "Is there any way I can be assigned as a guardian-"

 "Peters."

 "Boss, he needs help, not maximum security imprisonment. He could be admitted to a mental health institution if I could corral him-"

 "Nathan!"

 "You don't understand, sir. That's my older brother that was recruited in U.E.L. and if the plan goes awry, my last living relative could be killed! I could save him with your permission." By now, my voice had risen in desperation and urgency. I had to get Boss to see where I was coming from, and I wasn't going to be dismissed without a fight.