Lunatic

(AN: Another short one)

The next day during school, Stiles grabs my wrist and drags me down the main hallway.

"Why are you always dragging me somewhere?"

"Just follow me."

"I don't really have a choice." I mumble, glancing at where he's gripping my wrist. We get right outside the office and I see Dad with other police officers, along with people in suits. We sit down on the floor a few feet away from the door and wait. A few minutes later, they walk out and we stand up slowly.

Dad glances at us. "Give me a second." They nod and he walks over to us, crossing his arms over his chest. "Don't you have a test to get to?" He asks looking at Stiles.

"What's going on? Did you find Derek yet?" Stiles ignores his question.

"I'm workin' on it. You go take your test and you," Dad looks at me, "go to class."

"Alright, Dad, listen to me."

"Go!"

"This is really important. You have to be careful tonight, okay? Especially tonight." I plead.

"Cam, I'm always careful."

"Dad, you've never dealt with this kind of thing before, okay? At least not like this." Stiles chimes.

"I know, which is why I brought in people who have. State detective. Go take your test. Go to class." Stiles sighs and we head to class.

*****

After practice, I met Stiles at the jeep and he told me what Scott did to Danny.

"Are you serious?" I close the door as I climb in.

"Yes, Cam. I'm serious."

"And he just said that he didn't care that everyone on the team is gonna hate him?"

"Yes."

"His only excuse for doing that to Danny is that he's twice as big as he is even though he's a werewolf?"

He slams his hands on the steering wheel. "Yes, Cameron!" I jump a little at his outburst and look down at my lap. I hear him sigh. "Sorry. We're gonna go check on him. Since tonight is the full moon." I nod and Stiles brings the jeep to life, heading to Scott's house.

*****

We walk in and close the door.

"Scott?" Melissa walks around the corner in her nursing clothes.

"Stiles."

"And Cam."

"Key!" She states as she sees a key in Stiles' hand.

"Yeah. I had one made, so..."

"That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me." Stiles nods and drops the duffle bag on the floor, making the chains inside rattle. "What is that?"

"Uh, school project."

"Mmm. Stiles, he's okay, right?"

"Who? Scott? Yeah. Totally." Smooth, bro. Smooth.

"He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore, not like he used to." She looks like she's about to cry.

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Yeah, um... Okay, uh...Be careful tonight." She starts digging through her bag, looking for something.

"You too."

"Full moon."

We glance at each other quickly. "What?"

Melissa looks up with her keys in hand. "There's a full moon tonight. You should see how the E.R. gets. Brings out all the nut jobs."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Right."

"You know, it's um, actually where they came up with the word 'lunatic'." She moves past us and leaves.

"Sti, come on. We gotta get to Scott's room."

"Oh yeah." He grabs the duffle bag again and we head upstairs. Stiles opens Scott's bedroom door, revealing the dark room. I turn on the light switch and jump, making Stiles jump, as we see Scott just sitting there in a chair.

"Oh, my god!"

"Dude. You scared the hell out of us."

Stiles makes his way toward him. "Your mom said you weren't home yet."

"I came through the window." Scott says in a creepingly calm voice.

"Okay. Uh, well, let's get this set up." Stiles squats down, opening the duffle bag. "I want you to see what I brought."

"I'm fine. I'm just gonna lock the door and go to bed early tonight."

"You sure about that? 'Cause, you've got this kind of serial killer look going on in your eyes, and I'm hoping it's the full moon taking effect, 'cause it's really starting to freak me out."

"I'm fine. You should go now."

"All right, we'll leave." Stiles starts to stand up but stops. "Well, look, would you just at least look in the bag and see what I brought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?"

Scott slowly gets up and takes a few steps forward. He squats down, reaches into the bag, and pulls out a little bit of the chain. "You think I'm gonna let you put these on and chain me up like a dog?"

"Actually, no." Stiles quickly grabs Scott's wrist and cuffs him to the radiator that's in his room, getting up quickly.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Protecting you from yourself and giving you some payback..." Payback?? What did Scott do? "For making out with Lydia." I felt my eyes get wide at that statement. Stiles makes me go downstairs, following me. "I'll be back."

"I'm going with you."

"I'm just bringing him water."

I sigh. "Fine." He goes upstairs and a few minutes later, I hear the door slam. I make my way upstairs and see Stiles sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall beside Scott's shut bedroom door.

"Stiles, please let me out. It's the full moon, I swear. You know I wouldn't do any of this on purpose." I sat down next to my brother. "Please, Stiles, let me out. It's starting to hurt. It's not like the first time. It's the full moon. It's Allison breaking up with me. I know...that it's not just taking a break. She broke up with me. And it's killing me. I feel completely hopeless. Just, please, let me out."

"I can't." Stiles whispers, knowing that Scott could hear him.

"No, no, no! Aah! No! No!" Scott starts screaming and we both cover our ears. A few minutes later, everything went quiet.

"Scott, are you okay?" We both get up.

"Scott?" I call out as Stiles opens the door slowly. We don't see our best friend. Just the bloody handcuffs and a trail of blood leading out the window. Stiles shoves me into the hallway, both of us making our way to the jeep.

*****

We make our way down the road and as we go around a curve, we're met with blue lights and an ambulance. I put a hand on Stiles' shoulder.

"Stiles..."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no." Stiles puts the car in park and we get out as we see the medics taking a covered body into the ambulance. "Dad?" We both start running to officers.

"Dad?" I make one turn around.

"Has anyone seen our-- Has anyone seen our dad?" We both stop at the body, thinking the exact same thing.

"Stiles. Cam." We both turn around quickly and see Dad. "What are you doing here?" Neither of us answers as we hug him. I feel Dad's arms going around us as I close my eyes.