Formality

(**AN: The end of this one sucks**)

"Call it again." Scott says as he searches his room for his phone.

Stiles sighs. "It's not here."

"Okay, so you lost your phone." I shrug as Scott jumps over his bed, getting back on the floor to look under it. "Why don't you just get a new one?"

"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."

Stiles sits up straighter from the chair he's sitting in. "Well, (A) you're not alone. You have us. And, (B) didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

"Argent's plan was to use him to get the alpha--They're not gonna kill him."

"All right, so then just let them do what they're planning. You know? They use Derek to get Peter--problem solved."

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first...Just--just help me!" He tosses something off his bookshelf, hitting Stiles in the head.

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson. Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die."

"Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?.... What?"

"My mom just got home from work." We stay quiet as Scott listens.

"Is she okay?" Scott shakes his head. "What's she doing?"

"Crying."

He sits down on his bed and I walk closer to him. "Scott, you can't protect everyone."

"I have to."

*****

At school, I see Stiles and Scott peeking around a corner and I walk up.

"What are you guys doing?" They ignore me and I look around them seeing Jackson talking to Allison, sweating and shaking. "What the hell did you guys do to Jackson?"

"I'm still going." Scott says, still ignoring me.

"Is that such a good idea? Do you even have a date?"

"Not yet."

"Do you have a suit?"

I clear my throat. "Hello? Cam here."

"Not yet."

"Do you have a ticket to the formal? A ride there?"

"No and no."

"So you're gonna ride your bike to a dance that you're not even allowed to go to without a date, a suit, or a way in with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your little werewolf ass."

"Yeah. You gonna help me?"

"Hell yeah." Stiles wraps an arm around Scott's shoulder and they walk away.

"He---hey. G--guys." I sigh. "I'm part of this too...."

*****

Stiles is going to the formal with Lydia. He's on Cloud Nine. I wanted to ask her but NO, Stiles had to. I came with a classmate. She asked me, I don't know why I said yes. Oh yeah, I didn't. Stiles said yes for me without consent. She ended up hanging out with her friends anyway.

During the party, Stiles grabs my arm. "I can't find Lydia. I think she went outside." He then drags me outside and I look at him.

"I think we should split up. We'll fund her faster." He nods and runs toward the parking lot. I make my way to the lacrosse field and freeze. I see Lydia on the ground and crouching above her is Peter. "Lydia!" I run over quickly and he just stares at me. "Don't kill her. Please." I say shakingly.

"Mmm...Of course not. Just tell me how to find Derek."

"W-what?"

"Tell me how to find Derek Hale."

"I don't know that. How would I know that?"

"Because you're the clever one, aren't you? And because deception has a particularly acrid scent, Cameron. Tell me the truth..." He gently drags one of his claws down her cheek. "or I will rip her apart."

"Look...Look I don't know, okay? I sw-I swear to god, I have no idea."

"Tell me!"

I jump when he yells/roars at me. "Okay, okay, okay, look, I--I think he knew--"

"Knew what?"

"Derek, I think he--I think he knew he was gonna be caught."

"By the Argents."

"Yeah."

"And?"

"When they were shot, he and Scotty...I think he took Scott's phone."

"Why?"

"They all have GPS now. So if he still has it and if it's still on...you can find him." About that time, I see Stiles running towards us.