Chapter 01 - The New Life

Y/N

"Come on, let's go!" My university acquaintance, Saniah, tries to persuade me to go on a girl's trip to Bora Bora this summer—this is the millionth time she attempts to talk me into going. I'm tired of giving her "maybe"'s and "I'll think about it." 's.

To be honest, I don't feel like going. And this is questionable because, it's Bora Bora, normally I'd say yes immediately and would have swimsuits ready the next day, hands down—but in this situation... I have 0 energy at the moment. The truth is, I've been burning out. A lot. A lot of stress and anxiety these past two weeks. One sentence: the work and projects I've been assigned are a whole lot for me.

On the other hand, I do feel a bit guilty for not wanting to be with them since I have absolutely no plans at all for the summer and will be a free bird—life of an introvert!

I think the real and cold, harsh reason why I don't want to go on this trip with Saniah and her three girlfriends is, I don't really know and think of them as my buddies like I do Caleb and Louis. Plus, they've always given me iffy vibes, I don't know what it is about them, they seem very judgmental? In other words, I've learned a lot about them this past year at this college. Too much.

I ended up getting accepted to the art school I originally planned to go to. Well, in that big fantasy dream I had, yes. Turns out it is an actual school in London and so I enrolled, and got accepted! What sort of saddens me is that Louis isn't here with me, like he was supposed to be.

In the dream, again, yes. I keep forgetting that, goodness.

Now; speaking of Louis, sure, we're still close—we still talk and everything. I've been trying my hardest to not give up on our friendship, there's no way some stupid dream that I was disappointed wasn't real would ruin everything. I've learned to appreciate what I have with him already.

He is still with his girlfriend, so we don't talk too
much. I want him to have a good relationship with her, and she seems like a good person, I like her, I've met her before and have talked with her a few times. I usually see her all the time but lately I haven't seen her at all which is weird.

Not to mention, I did have a little talk with Louis as to why I was acting strange towards him after I woke up from that dream. But I didn't go too deep in detail, I just said that I "had a dream that felt very real and I was so confused and irritated when I woke up because it left me disconnected from reality, so it affected my mood." I told him to not take it personal and that everything was fine, he understood and dismissed it, he didn't question too much.

"So, a false-awakening dream, you had?" He asked.

Basically.

To change the subject, everyone's been well. Noah is still his usual self, away from the mop water, dad has continued to be a little secretive about his job—seriously, though, I still have no idea where he works at or who he works for. He just says, "just a few buildings from here, you'll know when you spot it." Still confused about it to this day.

Maya is a registered nurse, turns out that Joe guy is actually real and they are closer than ever, I call them friends with benefits which she hates but eh, it's true.

Louis has auditioned for a few roles and has developed an acting career, which I'm proud of him for. I've yet to watch his projects though, I really want to watch this new movie he told me that he plays a big part in: Enola Holmes. It's been out for about two weeks now.