Chapter 07 - Black Out

Y/N

The rays of sunshine creep in through the blinds of a window, causing my eyes to flutter open.

I'm in a room, in a bed I'm unfamiliar with. I close my eyes again and lay there for a few more seconds to see if my memory comes back to me.

Alright, I remember now.

Opening my eyes and turning to my other side, I catch Louis on the sofa a few steps away from me: lying down on his stomach, his mouth wide open, his left arm hanging downwards with his fingers lazily brushing the ground, and a strand of his chestnut hair covering his left eye.

I smile and take the blanket that was on top of me. I get up and go to him, covering him with it, careful not to startle.

Successful in not waking him, I go back to his bed and get comfortable again. This mattress is better than mine.

Before I know it, I drift off once again after seeing the clock reading 8:40.

-

I'm in the middle of a delightful dream when I wake up to the —also delightful— smell of eggs and waffles.

I sit up, stare at the wall for a minute or so to regain my consciousness, and follow the smell of breakfast, making my way to the kitchen to see Louis in a blue button up and comfy trousers standing at his stove.

He turns around and smiles at me before handing me a plate of a scrumptious brunch meal.

"Hi, I erm, made you a little something... it's not much but.. I want to make sure you eat something before-" I shut him up with a quick kiss on his cheek.

"It's everything, thank you so much. I'm sorry I was so knocked out. I realized I hadn't gotten good sleep this past week."

"Don't apologize, it's perfectly fine. By the way, you can stay here anytime. I don't mind."

I don't try to hide the fact that my cheeks are most likely a deep shade of pomegranate.

"Let's eat, shall we?" Louis grabs another plate of food and sits on a chair behind his small island counter, I join him and look out one of the windows that reveal the lovely view of his small yard.

When we finish, I go back to my house to change into new clothes and we plan to go to the shops later in the day.

-

"Gosh, you're alive- where were you last night?" Noah shoots up from the couch the microsecond I step in the house.  "I was actually worried, Dad and I called and messaged you countless times."

"Oh.. you did?" I pat my pockets and eventually pull out my phone from the back, realizing I even forgot I still had it with me. I turn it on and think back to how long it'd been since I checked it.

15 missed calls from Dad🤝🙇‍♀️
10 messages from Dad🤝🙇‍♀️

16 missed calls from Noah😁🫡
12 messages from Noah😁🫡

This gives me a deja vu. I think back to my dream. I dismiss the thought and look up from my phone, sliding it back into my pocket. "Yeah, uh, sorry. I was with Louis in his new place, we fell asleep."