Chapter 05 - Always.

LOUIS

I knock on Y/n's door, knowing that I can just turn the door knob and walk in without a problem. Like Robert said a few months back: "Son, remember, you do not have to knock or ring the bell at all. Seriously, just turn the knob and walk in, nobody will care."

A moment later, the door opens to Noah raising his eyebrows and smiling at me instantly. I swear he's grown 2 inches taller since the last I saw him. And that was last Saturday. Today's Monday. It's fascinating that he's nearly my own height now.

"Hey, what's up? Come in." He makes more space for me in the entryway and I happily walk in.

"Here to see- well, you know already. I feel bad, we should hang out more often. How about laser bowling? The local bowling place has it this Thursday."

"I'm down to go. I love bowling. By the way, Y/n's up in her room drooling over her celebrity crushes."

I laugh, patting him on the shoulder before taking my time approaching her room.

I tap my fingers on her door before walking in. She looks up from her phone and smiles wide before patting the spot next to her on the bed.

"I brought a little something.." I mutter, holding out the record of 'The Car' we got at the record store on Saturday.

"Yay! I forgot you had it, we can listen to it together now." She locks eyes with mine and smiles again, sweetly. I miss this connection between us.

"Is right now okay?" I question, going up to her desk to set it up anyway.

"Absolutely."

"The first track of the record plays: There'd Better Be A Mirrorball. The soft melodies of the piano and light drum-line welcome itself, the music filling the air and our ears.

"I always think back to when this song was first released. I was 20 minutes early to the YouTube video and I didn't even get a notification for it, I was bored so I just went to watch a video and there it was. It was special." Y/n speaks, her voice in a tone that would almost indicate she's half daydreaming.

"I should learn this part on my piano." I state, smirking when her face lights up.

"You'd better teach me it after you do, then."

"I will indeed do so."

The strings really make its way in to the song, meaning it's nearly coming to an end. Y/n gets up and lies on the floor, making me laugh a little. She laughs as well and gestures for me to join her.

The hour passes as we make small talk and chat about anything and everything that comes to our minds. We laugh, even cry—we lie close to each other in peaceful silence when the record is nearly coming to an end, with the acoustic introduction of Mr. Schwartz playing.

Now that we've gotten about everything off our chest—at least Y/n, I think now is the time to tell her.

I take a deep breath and shake my nerves off before speaking.

"Y/n.. I have something to tell you. It's serious."

She turns her head to the side to look at me, her brows raised. "I don't even want to ask how serious it is on a scale from one to ten since you're already scaring me as it is, but I'm listening."