Why do you smell like perfume? [1]

Harry wasn’t answering his phone. You had tried calling him time and time again but it would give a few short rings and then go to voicemail. You left a couple, asking him to call you but you usually hung up with a huff and typed out a text to him - each getting more and more angry as the calls went unanswered.

You eventually gave up, ate yourself a lonely dinner and then after aimlessly flipping through channels on the TV, decided to call it a night and headed to bed. You knew he deserved to go out with the guys, he had been working so hard, but he should have at least let you know when he was going to be home. Even a quick text to show he was getting your messages would have been nice.

It was almost 1 in the morning when you finally hear his boots in the hall. He wasn’t even trying to be quiet and not disturb you. You sit up in bed, flipping on the lamp beside you, when he walks into the bedroom. The two of you make eye contact across the room but say nothing. He eventually shakes his head and heads towards the closet as he begins to unbutton his shirt, kicking off his shoes as he went.

“Nice of you to call or text and let me know everything was okay.” You stay seated, the blankets pooling on your lap as you watch him rid himself of his clothes. He turns towards you, nothing but his boxers hanging on his hips. His ringed fingers push through his long curls and he actually has a look of anger wash across his face, his green eyes piercing into you.

“You aren’ my mother. You don’t need to know where I am every second.” He says but as he says it you smell it. It was sweet, too sweet. There was a hint of vanilla to it but you could tell exactly what it was.

“Why do you smell like perfume?” You question him. He holds eye contact with you and you see the conflict shoot across his face as he thought about whether or not he should be honest or not. “Well?” You push. You stand from the bed then, tossing the covers from your body. “You were with another woman weren’t you?” Your heart was racing, beating a quick rhythm against your ribcage as you wait for his answer.

“You know wha’…” He starts, his voice quiet. “I fucking was. I was with someone else tonigh’. And it wasn’t the firs’ time I’ve been with her.” He actually sends you a glare and you felt your breath hitch in your throat.

“You’ve been cheating on me?” You knew the second you smelled the perfume that was the case but now hearing the words from his mouth stopped your entire world. Harry has cheated on you - more than once too.

“I have. I’ve jus’ been so un-happy, Y/N.” He sighs and begins to pace. “I’ve almos’ broken it off with you so many times bu’ jus’ never do. So I found someone else.”

“Why have you been un-happy?” You knew Harry had been distant lately but you had just put that down to him being stressed from all the work and promo he had been doing recently but clearly it was because he was too busy with someone else.

“You jus’ piss me off, you nag on me, you don’ suppor’ me like I need. No’ once have you asked me how the album is going, how the songs are comin’ along. You make me feel so unappreciated and I’m sick of it.” He confesses and you can clearly see it was making him feel good to finally get it all out.

“So this is my fault?” Your eyes were welling up with tears as you took in his words. “I caused you to cheat, huh?”

“You did. You make me un-happy so I wen’ to find it somewhere else.” As he spoke these words he made his way back over to the closet and began dressing.

“Where are you going?” You whisper as he slips into his tight black jeans and tosses on his white Rolling Stones shirt. He pushes back his curls again and actually rolls his eyes.

“Leavin’, wha’ does it fuckin’ look like?” He pulls a few more things from the closet, grabbing a bag as he does so and filling it. “I think tha’s wha’s best.”

“Wow,” You felt your heart breaking as you fall back to sit on the bed. “This is bullshit.” You were stunned, your mind was racing and all you knew in that moment was the heartbreak you felt at both the fact he had cheated and now was leaving you.

“I’ll be back for the rest of my stuff eventually.” He sighs then, his face finally softening a bit as he looked at you. “I’m sorry, bu’ this is wha’s for the best.” You say nothing, instead a sob falls from your lips and you watch as he leaves the room. You don’t chase after him, you do nothing as Harry just walks out of your life.

----------------------

Credits:https://4everinsane.tumblr.com/post/162110789313/26-make-it-sad