Stay away from me- Dangerous Series

Three months after Harry called off his relationship with Y/n, it was his birthday.

And just like every other year for the past five, the boys decided to spend his birthday weekend at Louis’ family lake house. It was one of the few times a year they’d go as the house is only saved for special occasions. It’s secluded—far from the city—but close enough so that it’s not too much out of their way.

Their tradition when it comes to Harry’s birthday has remained the same for years now—abonfire, a couple of poker games, countless amounts of beer, and occasional midnight skinny dipping.

However, this year, the only change in tradition is Y/n not attending.

The second Harry steps foot out of his car, the whole idea of spending his birthday without Y/n makes him feel sick to his stomach, considering the lake house was their favorite place to be together. They didn’t know why, but something about the privacy and the exclusiveness of it enhanced their relationship in unimaginable ways. They have had almost too many occasions where they would flee from London without a word and spend a couple days alone there.

Which is why the whole idea just seems so wrong to him.

And he really can’t be any more depressed if he tried. Even when his best friends are already having what seems to be the time of their lives, he can’t even pretend to enjoy himself in the slightest.

He can’t blame them for their excitement, though. He shouldn’t have expected them to be any less because they had absolutely no idea what was going on.

He didn’t tell them—he didn’t tell them any of it. Because if they had found out that he let Y/n slip right through his fingers, he’d never hear the end of it. And in between constantly beating himself up for his decision and sulking in his guilt every second of every day, he didn’t need anyone else to remind him of how much he fucked up.

But ever since Y/n left, something in him changed.

He had no desire to fight anymore.

Three days after he broke it off, he was worse than ever. Getting himself into numerous fights multiple times a day. It was his way of coping the loss of her— the loss of his only true humanity. However, when the fourth day came, and Harry started to really understand the fact that he was never going to see Y/n again, was when the pain really set in.

She tried so hard for him. She pushed him harder than anybody else had— nobody put as much faith in him as she had. She stayed with him in times he truly didn’t deserve it. Hell, there were even days where she was so livid with him that all she could do was yell and yell and yell until she had no anger left in her.

But even then, she still slept in the same bed as him—still kept him by her side because she wanted to reassure him that no matter what happens between them, she’d never leave him.

He couldn’t live with letting all of that go—letting her go—so he decided to prove himself wrong.

It was the biggest fight of his life—the one against himself; when half of him wanted to inflict his pain onto other people and the other half wanting so desperately to change himself for the sake of their relationship. But he knew he was stronger than the monster inside of him, even though he convinced himself otherwise. What made him strong was his relationship with Y/n.

He would stop at nothing to get her back.

As for Y/n, it didn’t take Y/n more than a couple days to tell Zayn what had happened between them.

He called her, asking what was going on since everyone has noticed Harry had been a complete wreck with no sign of her in his life. She explained—in the best that she could between her harsh sobs and broken whimpers—that Harry had left her. He broke up with her, tried to convince her that they didn’t belong together, and eventually confessed that he just couldn’t be with her anymore.