Chapter 3

It's been two weeks since his show. The two of you spent a lot of time together after that. He seemed to like you more and more every day, taking you to his shows and teaching you the history of this place, which you found out is called "Hollownest".

     You liked him more and more every day too. You can't shake the feeling from when he took your hand.
You'd forgotten what that felt like.

     It's like he unlocked something again, opening up the doors to a whole new world.

     And the idea of being more than friends didn't seem so bad. You smiled.

     Grimm, on the other hand, was very confused.
During these weeks with you, yes, he has liked you more. You were such an interesting creature, so sweet and appreciative, but he felt something no bug (or human) has made him feel before. A certain fondness for you, like a string had tied the two of you together.

     He didn't want word to spread, not at all, and he was confused on what to do. He only sat and pondered, keeping his mind on you. He longed to be in your presence again. He wanted to have you in the room right now, where it would fill with laughter and joy. But he just couldn't. He didn't want you to figure it out.
He didn't know what to do.

     He became frustrated. Thrashing around in his tent with you and only you corrupting his thoughts, shouting angrily to
"STOP!"

     And he fell to the floor breathless. So tired, ever so tired, but wide awake.
He needed to figure this out.

     Tomorrow, he will.
~~~

     You had been traveling around and exploring the city. Fortunately, no bugs had attacked you. There were none around.

     On your walk, you stopped at a large, beautiful statue. There was a tall figure in the middle, and three smaller ones surrounding it. You wondered if it must be the king in the middle, his servants around.

     A sudden red gleam in the reflection distracted you. Turning around, it was Grimm. He looked confused.

     "Y/N? I've been wanting to know more about humans. I saw a couple on the streets today and I was curious; do you humans express certain affection to some people, like us bugs?"

     "Oh, we do!" You replied. "We call it love. When two or more people like each other so much, they might advance and become involved in a romantic relationship." You ended with a wink.
"Just like us, thank you Y/N."

     "Of course!"

~~~

     He returned to his tent after speaking with you. He knew what he felt.

     "Love."

     It was simple, he was in love with you.

     But he was worried you didn't like him back.

     Did you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Do you love him back? Maybe you do if you're reading this! I hope you enjoyed!