IX

4/23

It has been a few days since (Y/N) has rambled on to Amamiya-san about the history of an instrument. During those few days (Y/N) will have small talk with Amamiya-san. (Y/N) was chilling on the roof playing the violin when the doors opened. When (Y/N) had finished rambling to Amamiya-san, they told him that they can always hang out on the roof of the school since they are always there.

"Nanashi-san?"

(Y/N) flinches and turns to Amamiya-san, "H-Hello."

Amamiya-san smiles, "Do you want to hang out."

"U-Uh. Sure."

Amamiya-san sits down next to (Y/N), "I want to see you play the violin."

"R-Really? Do you have a song request?"

"You can continue playing the song before I came here."

(Y/N) nods as they place the violin on their non-dominant hand shoulder while their dominant hand holds the bow. They whisper, "1...2...3."

Their hand starts to move while the violin starts to speak. Amamiya-san listens intently and Morgana pokes their head out of the bag.

The notes continue to change appropriately. The bow moves elegantly as it touches the strings. The notes are beautifully arranged to please the ears. (Y/N) starts to hum along in a perfect tone. Their fingers continue to glide and press down on the strings. For a beginner it would hurt, but (Y/N) have done this enough times for the pain to finally leave them. When they finish the song, they place their violin down and look at Amamiya-san with a red tinted face.

"So...you like it?"

"You're extremely talented Nanashi-san."

(Y/N) smiles, "Thank you. I have been practicing this song for a while now."

"Think you can teach me the electric guitar?"

"Well...it's going to take a while for you to get good at it. But I think lunch is enough time for practice. I don't have another electric guitar for visual instructions."

Amamiya-san nods, "I can always get a rental."

(Y/N) noticed movement in Amamiya-san's bag and they pointed at it, "What's in y-your bag?"

Amamiya-san turns to the bag and takes Morgana out, "Just my pet cat." Morgana starts to meow a lot.

(Y/N)'s eyes shine as they grab Morgana from Amamiya-san's hands and start to scratch the cat behind the ears, "This is your pet cat? I took them inside my house because I thought they were a stray." Amamiya-san nods as he watches Nanashi-san giving Morgana their love and attention. They can hear Morgana purring.

"So cute..." (Y/N) mumbles as they continue to pet Morgnana

Amamiya-san looks at Nanashi-san's face to see that their cheek has become way less swollen and it's almost gone, "Nanashi-san, how are you feeling?"

(Y/N) starts to look nervous, "W-Why you ask?"

"A few days ago you looked nervous. The next day you saved Suzui-san from committing sucide. Did you know what was going to happen?"

(Y/N) soft pets Mogana as they stared at the cat, "I'm not sure... I just had a feeling."

"Are you friends with Suzui-san?"

"N-No, we're just acquaintances."

They both stayed silent as the only noise present was Morgana purring. The silence wasn't awkward, but comforting. It reminds them of the times where (Y/N) just sit in their brother's room next to him on their bed.

"Have you seen that calling card for Kamoshida?" Amamiya-san asks curiously.

"Y-Yeah, it's strange but...it could be a prank." (Y/N) mumbles. Again, they sat in silence again. The warning bell went off and (Y/N) handed over Morgana. They put their violin and their materials away, "Thank you for w-watching me play..." Their voice are quiet. Before Amamiya-san can respond, (Y/N) already scurry away to their class.

When the school day ended, (Y/N)'s sixth period teacher told them they should go to the student council room so Niijima-san could talk to them. (Y/N) complied even though they were tired. (Y/N) opens the door to see Niijima-san alone with some work papers. When (Y/N) sat down, Niijima-san had a serious look on her face.

"Good afternoon, Nanashi-san. The staff members have found a way to help raise your grades, other than giving you extra work." When (Y/N) didn't say anything, Niijima-san continued, "Every school day in the after school, you will be coming to the student council room. I will be tutoring you for the subjects that you are struggling with. It will be around two hours."

"O-Oh..."

"Is something wrong Nanashi-san?"

"I-I-If there's a-an important event, w-will I-I b-be excuse?"

"As long as you have a signature of your guardian, then yes."

(Y/N) simply nods. Niijima-san gives (Y/N) a work paper, "Let's begin studying."

1 Songs Uploaded