XIII

5/7

(Y/N) got more sleep than yesterday, and their body is less sore. Currently (Y/N) are casually stalking the group of three that were talking. They would ignore them, but the last conversation wants (Y/N) to investigate much more. Despite their reaction last time.

Takamaki-san reads a comment on her screen, " 'I don't know what to do about my ex who's stalking me. His name is Natsuhiko Nakanohara.'"

Sakamoto-san responded, "A government worker's stalkin' someone...?" Morgana meows.

"We're just gonna jump right into a Palace? Fine by me!" Sakamoto-san beamed as his fingers were ready to type any information.

"Hey, what happened to all that talk of 'unanimous decision'!" Takamaki turned towards Amamiya-san, "What do you think we should do, Ren?" Wait. They are already on a first name basis? (Y/N) thought to themself.

Amamiya-san nods, "Let's go."

"That's what I'm talkin' about! We need a name and a place, right? So the name is..." Sakamoto-san mumbled, but interrupted by the cat's meows. Sakamoto-san looks at Morgana, "Huh? What're you tryin' to pull?"

The cat meows again. "Geez, that again...?" He sighs, "Uhhh... 'M-e-m-e-n-t-o-s,' was it? We got a hit!?" The world around (Y/N) starts to change, like there are ripples in their sight. A headache starts to form. They grip their head with both of their hands as (Y/N) crouch down, closing their eyes and letting out a groan. (Y/N) open their eyes to see the same place, but everyone is gone. They feel light, like they are weightless. (Y/N) have an uneasy feeling starting to form and they are starting to feel their heart beating faster. It was only when (Y/N) see them leaving in the corner of their eye is when they decide to brave it out and follow them. When (Y/N) follow them, they notice their outfits have change. It looks like they are wearing some costumes with masks. What really caught their eye was this cat. Due to the fur color, it have to be Morgana. So why do they look like that, like a plushie? They find it cute to be honest. (Y/N) looks at the interior of the subway station is...something else entirely. Dark red, with something like a dark red plant growing on the ground.

"The hell is this place?" Sakamoto-san questions, "Wait, our clothes change!?" Takamaki-san exclaims.

"Since the moment we stepped in." Morgana said casually. (Y/N) was a little shocked that this cat looking plushie was talking, but that is the least weirdest part in their life right now.

"You should've told us!" Sakamoto-san says angrily but in a hush tone as he turns towards Morgana.

"We're still safe right here." He assures them, "I've come to investigate a number of times. Shadows never come up to this floor. But it's a different story once you go down. This place is simply teeming with them."

"More importantly, what is this Mementos!? It's about the time you start explaining."

Morgana starts to explain, "Mementos is...everyone's palace."

Sakamoto-san looks confused, "Huh? Whaddya mean, "everyone's"?"

Morgana continues, "A Palace as grand as the previous castle forms when a person's wishes are extremely distorted. So, instead of many individual Palaces, the general public has one gigantic shared Palace. That's where we are now...Mementos."

This is a lot to take in... (Y/N) thinks to themselves.

"Now that you mention it, this place feels a bit different from Kamoshida's Palace..." Takamaki-san notes. (Y/N) listens intently to the explanation. They are surprised they haven't noticed them yet. The uneasiness is still with them.

"It seems the time has finally come..." Morgana says as the others and (Y/N) looks at them confused, "Morganaaa... transfoooooom!" Suddenly, Morgana dramatically transforms into a car. (Y/N) and the others were shock with this unexpected reveal.

"This comes from the way cognition materializes in the Metaverse, plus a bit of extra training. It's not dissimilar to how you guys transform." Morgana explains. Though it didn't really help (Y/N) to understand it more. (Y/N) starts to think to themselves before they start to walk away from the group so they won't notice them. While they walk away they hear some bickering, (Y/N) snicker to themselves.

It took them some time to figure it out on how to leave the Metaverse, but they eventually did figure it out. The uneasiness is still there. (Y/N) just simply laying on their messy bed staring at the boring ceiling when tey hear a voice.

"Hey (Y/N)." A familiar voice called out. (Y/N) turns towards the location of the voice to see a hologram of Miku. Blue light illuminates her, it looks like she can move around on the screen only.

(Y/N) slowly sat up, looking confused, "Miku?" Miku smiles and waves. (Y/N) gets closer, "How are you able to do this?"

"Since you are able to access the Metaverse now, I am able to appear like this now instead in your dreams." Miku motions to herself, "Oh, and you can access your Sekai. A Sekai is a place formed from your emotions, just wanted to remind you." (Y/N) nods, but doesn't say anything. Miku has a concerned look on her face, "You are thinking about them are you?"

"Yes. The Metaverse makes me uneasy. They look like they can handle it, but I am not sure. It reminds me of something but I can't remember what."

Hatsunes nods in understanding, "Maybe..." She trails off in thought, "Maybe... you can help them in a way."

"But how?"

"They don't know that you know about the Metaverse now" Miku points out, "You can use that to your advantage."

(Y/N) thinks to themselves while Miku waits patiently. As (Y/N) thinks to themselves they remember something important. They look at Miku, "You can still do those...magic skills right?" Miku nods. (Y/N)'s idea gets more doable, "I have an idea."

"Well, what is the idea?"

...

Thud!

"Um, are you sure that the mask is in there?"

"Yes I am sure." (Y/N) digs around their closet. After some time they found the mask and took it out to show Miku. The mask is mostly white and only covers the upper part of the face. There is black material covering the eye holes but was able for the wearer to see through. There are some music notes that cover half of the mask and there are some golden markings on the mask to make the mask a little more fancier. "It is a little scratched up but I am sure that it work well." (Y/N) gets up from the floor and places an oversize orange jacket and shorts that reach to the knees. The hoodie looks brand new despite the fact that they had gotten it a few years ago.

"That's going to be your disguise right?" Miku tilts her head looking at the disguise laying limply on the bed.

"It's not that cool, but it is something." (Y/N) mumbles as they look at the clothing.

"I think it looks cute (Y/N)." Miku assures them and gives them a smile, "Do you want to go to Mementos now or later?"

(Y/N) starts to look a little bit uncomfortable, "Maybe later."

"That's fine (Y/N)." Miku looks a little distracted, "I should go now. We can talk tomorrow. Bye (Y/N)." She waves goodbye and she disappears. (Y/N) stares at the phone at the moment and looks at the clothes. Despite feeling uneasy about the situation, they have a look of determination as well.

Let's hope this ends well...