A Tragic Tale

"You did this."

The antivoid was a complex space. It was absolutely overflowing with noise, yet completely silent. It had been Error's prison of solitude for so long, and now was the only place he was safe.

But as he stared into the eyelights of the once-Protector, he would rather be anywhere else in the Multiverse

"Ink. It was no one's fault."

Ink let out a delirious laugh.

"You sent PJ to Corrupted. You were the one who sacrificed them."

"You were the one who rejected your own child."

Ink flinched, and Error almost regretted his words.

"They were not...They were not safe with the Stars. You know this as well as I do. If I had housed them in the Doodlesphere any longer they would've been discovered-"

"Then you should've made some way around that," Error snapped. "You thought handing them over to the Destroyer would save them?"

"We were well into a truce at that point! I didn't know you were a backstabber. Double agent. Guilty of torture."

"Gulity by association. I made a mistake, Ink. I am not proud." Ink let out a cry of fury.

"PJ came to you, begging for safety."

"He came to me, asking why his father had abandoned him."

A long cry escaped the once-saviour. Not of fury, not of fear; something deeper. Error watched the former quietly.

"You are drowning."

Ink rose, eyelights glaring bitterly. "Because of you."

Error said nothing. His mismatched eyelights stayed locked with the artist's.

"Protector," He finally acknowledged. Ink laughed again; a hoarse voice. "What is there left to protect?"

"The last of the Multiverse, perhaps."

Ink's eyelights disappeared.

"I don't...I don't want to."

Error stayed silent, then asked the question."Why?"

"You know why."

And Error did.

For they were the reason no Guardians remained in this world.

Error and Ink, after all, established the Truce in a mutual agreement to...assassinate. Error targeted Dream, and Ink, Nightmare. Error had succeeded. Ink had too.

But Ink had killed Nightmare. Not Corrupted.And so Error turned his own child in, to Corrupted in a bid to earn his trust again. The same child he'd been begrudgingly housing for...he didn't know how long, blocked it out.

Grief melted time into a neverending hell, after all.

"Sorry excuses for gods, aren't we?"

"Failures," Error nodded.

In the past few moments, Ink's skull had fallen into the crook of Error's shoulder. Error welcomed the pain of touch.

"I detest you."