Chapter Forty Four

Mornings inside C1-A dorms were always a little hectic with all twenty something people getting up, dressed and fed before getting pushed out the door. This was a task Momo and Ida held themselves personally responsible for since they were named the class reps once again.

Bakugo stood in the kitchen making the eggs and bacon while Mina oversaw the toast and Kirishima made coffee. Jiro and Ochaco laid their heads on the island groaning, holding a deep hatred for mornings.

"Morning." Midoriya flashed a chipper smile, causing Ochaco to sit up, instantly beaming with joy.

"Morning!" She greeted him as he took a seat beside her.

"That smells amazing Kacchan." Midoriya complimented.

"Of course, it does-!" Bakugo replied, "-I'm the one cooking it!"

"Do you think that's enough-" Mina cut herself off, seeing you had entered the living area, but you didn't walk over or even acknowledged them. You moved straight to the front door, opening it to reveal the ever so happy GunHead who waved.

"Good morning Five!" He greeted, causing the ones in the kitchen to lean outward, trying to get a better peek.

"Isn't that GunHead?" Mina questioned.

"Yeah." Ochaco nodded, "I wonder why he is here?"

They didn't have long to eavesdrop since you stepped out of the building closing the door behind you. But it gave the heroes enough time to spot the two little white boxes in GunHead's hand, the familiar boxes could only be spotted thanks to their shooting practice hosted by you.

"Did that look like ammo to any of you?" Midoriya turned to his classmates.

"Well...." Kirishima frowned. "...yeah but...doesn't she get all her weaponry from GunHead?"

"Yeah!" Mina excitedly agreed, happy to be fed this lie. "He did tell us he makes all her stuff when we were at the hotel!"

"I guess that could explain why he's here." Bakugo muttered, turning the stove off, eyes flickering over to the door every so often. What the hell were you two talking about that was taking so long?

Bakugo placed the food on a paper plate and poured a cup of coffee for himself, sipping it as he waited for you to come back into the building. Your status was still grounded, you couldn't be doing any hero work, which meant you had to come with them to class. Bakugo smirked knowing this, thrilled to have you around him all day, even if it was at school of all places.

As his classmates discussed the cost of repairing the power due to Kaminari again, Bakugo saw you slip through the door, heading back in the direction of the dorms he noticed how you limped and wore the brace on your leg. He picked up the plate he made for you, quietly taking his leave from the kitchen without notice, taking the chance he quickened his pace.

He didn't knock this time, he just walked right in. You turned your head; the two white boxes were neatly stacked on the table beside your gun.

"Why is there even a door if all you people do is ignore it?" You commented, Bakugo smirked.

"Then get rid of it, save me the chore of having to open it."

"I prefer to have the two inches of wood separating me from you." You replied, causing Bakugo to smile even wider.

"I can promise you there's more than two inches-"

"Shut up." You laugh, and for a moment it felt natural between the two of you again. Bakugo placed the plate and coffee on the table as he removed two pill bottles from his pocket, instantly your smile dropped.