Chapter Forty Five

The next two days were identical yet simple, Bakugo made you sleep. Thanks to the weekend there were no classes, and with your status being grounded you had nowhere you needed to go.

When alone by yourself the little voice in the back of your head lectured you for falling asleep outside of your scheduled time. It cursed you for not being battle ready around the clock, like when Bakugo took it upon himself to remove your shoes and curl you up in his sheets and blankets. But when you were with him, that voice vanished. You didn't know if it was the drugs or if it was him...

Like for instance on this Sunday morning, you laid in Bakugo's bed in a dead sleep after Bakugo felt you having nightmares in the middle of the night. He could feel your muscles twitch in your legs, as if you were running from something. What set him off was the small whimper that escaped from your lips, the melancholy sound felt like he just had been stabbed in the chest.

So here he laid on his side; with you tucked into him so close air couldn't wedge itself in between you. Your leg safely in between his, your face snuggled into his neck stealing his warmth, his eyes were closed listening to the sound of your breathing. This moment right here made his heart feel full, he could feel the connection you two once shared resurfacing and he knew you felt it too.

Bakugo hated this mask resting on your face, he wanted so badly to remove it, but he didn't want to push you too far, for now he just wanted you to get used to his touch again.

Bakugo opened his eyes hearing the buzzing behind him. Lazily he reached around fishing for the object. Slowly he repositioned you in between his arms, he unlocked his phone reading the message.

Starburst: When (y/n) wakes up you want to go training with a few of us? Aizawa gave us permission to use the field.

Bakugo thought about it, it would be good for you to reconnect with your friends and this training session could be a step in that direction. He knew it was selfish, but he just wanted this time alone with you. With a sigh he messaged Aizawa, asking if he could somehow approve you to leave U.A. grounds to go over to the newest Cafe which was two blocks down the road. When was the last time you left U.A.?

Aizawa messaged soon after and said he will see what he can do. Bakugo rolled his eyes; he felt the ankle monitor brush his leg. It's not like they wouldn't be able to find you.

Bakugo messaged Mina, agreeing to join but only when you woke up on your own account. He could practically hear her squeals of delight, he rolled his eyes but held a soft smile, looking down he placed a soft kiss on your temple. Bakugo was quickly realizing his love language was touch, and it didn't take a genius to figure out why.

You woke up a few hours later.

Bakugo didn't tell anyone you were up, sleepily you ate the sandwich Bakugo made and you willingly took the pills Bakugo handed you after he again threatened to 'help' you take them himself.

After you ate and got some time for the medication to numb your body, he offered to join him. He could tell you didn't want to go stand in the damn sun on your injured leg watching them have all the fun. That's why he offered to take you to the café afterwards, finally having approval from Aizawa. This made you get up and straggle your way to the training field where Mina and a few others lingered. The moment the Pinkette saw you she hopped on cloud nine.

As they began their training you felt instantly bored standing on the sideline. The only thing you found distracting from the never moving clock, was observing Bakugo. The way his hips swayed, how defined his biceps were when they flexed. You tilted your head then you heard someone clear their throat. You jumped, not having heard them come up, fucking drugs.