Prologue

Raph sat down on his beanbag inside the main room. Leo and him talked and drew about stuff as April fixed their projector.

"There. That should do the trick."

April smiled to herself as she told the two. Leo had accidentally broken it while training with Raph. They called April instead of calling their dad since he would have grounded them for years if he found out while it was broken.

"Phew. Thanks, April!"
"No probs! Seriously though, you gotta be mor-"

April was cut off as Mikey ran into the room. He was covered with cuts and was holding his side in pain. Raph ran over to him with concern painting his face.

"Michael! Mikey, are you okay?!"
"Yeah, just- ow- just take me to the medbay so Leo can patch me up."

Leo opened a portal to the medbay, allowing the three to head on in. Leo stepped in after everybody walked in.

"What happened? Who hurt you? Meatsweats? Hypno?" April asked. "No, no it wasn't them. It was-" Mikey was cut off by Raph. "Repo? Was it Big Mama? So help me if it was Big Mama!" Raph said as he led Mikey to the hospital bed they'd stolen.

"No! It-" Leo cut Mikey off again, setting the first-aid kit on a table next to Mikey. "Was it Draxum? This is too light to have been him throwing you off a building!" Mikey groaned in frustration.

"NO! IT WAS ANOTHER TURTLE MUTANT!" The room went quiet after that. "Another...turtle?" Leo quizzed. "Yes! But he wasn't like us, he was scared a-and he was hungry and-"

Raph zoned out as Mikey talked. His entire life, he wondered why his family felt empty. They loved each other, they loved each other SO much, but he felt as of something was missing. Their father always said their family was everybody there, but could they prove him wrong? He wondered.

"Raph? Hey, Raph?" April waved her hand infront of his face the best she could. Raph looked her in the eyes. "Oh! Sorry! I uh- I zoned out." April nodded. "Leo finished patching Mikey up. Let's go find that turtle." April pulled out her bat. Mikey perked up slightly. "What?! No, you can't just go and find it! There's no way!"

April looked at Mikey. "Why? I can build some flashlights if you need them." Mikey shook his head. "No! It's not that! Its nails are long and its teeth are sharp! It's fast, extremely fast! It coulda killed me!"

Raph nodded. "We'll keep that in mind. Leo, you stay here and watch over Mikey." Leo scoffed. "What?! Come on, what if you need-" Raph groaned. "We'll be fine. We can find it."

Mikey scoffed and gave up. He sure hoped that Raph and April would be okay as they walked out the medbay.

~~~~~

Word count : 479