Righteous

Explicit content! Not heavily detailed, but still very much there.

I chewed on the skin of my thumb, eyes fixated unblinkingly at the bathroom door. My ears hyper-fixated on the sound of running water from behind the closed door. The plush chair, shoved up against the foot of my bed, gave me a direct view of the door, but not the shocking sight behind it.

My knee bounced anxiously. How the hell was Dean alive? I knew it was him – the mark on his arm from a silver blade and the lack of sulfur was indication enough. I shook my head and combed my fingers through my hair, nerves overtaking me. It wasn't Sam. I had argued, accused, but Dean and Bobby came to his defense. He didn't make any sort of deal, no magic, no freaky psychic voodoo.

But if it wasn't Sam, or me, or Bobby, that meant someone else wanted Dean alive. I bit down harder on the skin around my nail, drawing blood.

My heart hammered in my chest as I twisted to face the clean clothes laid out on the bed. Clothes he'd kept stashed in my closet in the months before his death, for those 'covert' nights when he would sneak away. His old clothes were in the wash, though I argued that they should be burned. The scent of death and fear lingered on them.

There was nothing left for me to do except wait, and confirm again with my own eyes that he was, in fact, alive.

I sat quietly for a few more seconds before I huffed and stood up. I needed to find something to do until he was done. Maybe I could make food? I shook my head with a scoff. It was the middle of the night. Coffee? I took a step towards the bedroom door and then froze, eyes fixated on the bathroom door. I held that position for several seconds.

"Fuck it," I murmured under my breath and pivoted to face the bathroom door. My hand shook as I reached for the knob and twisted the cold metal beneath my palm.

Steam flowed out of the room as I cracked the door open and slipped inside. The frosted glass wall of the shower was slid shut, condensation forming on the panes. I quickly averted my gaze at the sight of a figure behind the translucent glass.

Nerves overtook me as my cheeks darkened. "Do you mind if I, um...?" I trailed off, waiting for an answer. None came. I chewed on my bottom lip before I finally took a leap of faith.

I gripped the hem of my shirt and pulled it quickly over my head, pausing with the fabric in my hands before I dropped it to the ground. My fingers shook as I reached for the zipper of my jeans, and the denim quickly followed. I caught my reflection in the mirror, wishing I had worn something better beneath my clothes... not that I had any indication I might need to. The rest of the fabric was quick to follow and I grasped the amulet around my neck, with full intention to set it safely on the sink counter.

"Leave it," he said, and I turned to face him with a startled gaze. The frosted wall was slid back to leave an opening. Dean leaned against the shower wall, eyes meeting mine. "Looks better on you than it ever did on me."

My cheeks dusted with pink as I approached the shower. He extended a hand to stabilize me as I stepped inside and slid the glass shut behind me. With a grin, I met his gaze, and-

My smile promptly dropped.

"Have you even actually showered yet?" I questioned, flicking him gently on the forehead. He flinched and looked taken aback as my eyes settled on his hair, wet, but clearly lacking suds.

"I was waiting for you!" he defended, hands reaching for my hips. I playfully swatted him away and crossed my arms in mock irritation.

"Well, I'm not touching you until you use soap," I huffed out with the grumpiest expression I could muster. He reached for me again, this time pulling me flush against him before I could protest. "I'm serious, Dean-"