Chapter 12

The group of children all looked at Ibara in amazement, rather shocked at how they had met.

After having her reassure them that she's perfectly healthy now, it was Shinsou Hitoshi's turn to tell his story.

---------------------------------------------------------

Shinsou Hitoshi was fourteen years old, and only one word could describe the way he's made to live.

Hell

You see, the poor boy had developed a quirk named 'brainwashing', which allowed him to temporarily control whoever responds to his voice. Due to the control portion of the quirk, it was labelled as 'villainous', which held a set of problems that only the quirkless could relate to.

His parents were the start of this. After they heard his quirk, their demeanour to their son swiftly changed. Instead of caring for him, of being actual parents, they began to emotionally abuse him, refusing to answer him, and whenever they did talk to him they would say horrible things like 'You are just a villain!' and 'why couldn't you have a better quirk?!'.

Those words began to affect him greatly. He started to have nightmares about what would happen to him if heroes treated others calling him a villain seriously. He lost an immense amount of sleep, leading to a form of insomnia.

The only solace he found was when a small bird would sit on his window ledge, seemingly listening to him as he vented about his problems, being there for him when he was down.

Little did he know that a green haired, Garden caretaker was listening to his every word through the bird's ears. Each word brought him sadness, and a determination to save him.

As such, he waited for the opportunity to properly speak with him.

Good thing fate adores our green haired friend.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a Friday afternoon, and Shinou's parents were both out of the house. The unfortunate thing was, for the poor boy, was that the door to his own home was locked. This meant that until his parents returned, which likely wouldn't be until around midnight, he was stuck outside.

Hanging his head sadly, he decided to do something he thought would be fun: explore the nearby forest. So that's what he did. Picking up what little courage he had, he wandered directly to the woods by his house.

His mind was almost always racing at a thousand miles an hour, with most of his thoughts making no semblance of any sense. Yet, in the woods, he seemed to be able to slow down and think. He certainly wasn't expecting to feel like this, but did enjoy the peace that nature brought him.

The other thing he wasn't expecting was for him to see a young man sitting on the back of a bear.

Even more surprising was when he invited him over, seemingly to talk. With some hesitation, he made his way to the strange boy.

°"Hello there young man, what brings so so deep into the woods today?"

°"I... Um... I needed to get some fresh air..."

He tried to lie, not fully trusting the stranger in front of him. The man nodded, before sliding off the bear. Shinsou watched as the beast flopped onto it's belly, drifting off to sleep.

°"That's not the entire truth, is it..?"

Shinsou's throat dried up, terrified that this person would do something to him for lying. He closed his eyes, ready for the worse.

What he actually got was a gentle pat on the head, a reassurance that everything was alright.

He looked up at the man, stunned at his small display of kindness. The warm smile he received was slowly melting away at his worries.