Eight

The mountain foot fresh slippery grass, one of its kind in this partly open brae they just drifted into, after a long run, kept them behind scedule no matter how desperate they needed to get off the eastern bounderies. Firstly it was Mr Gimbletogh to drop his luggage, then followed Tina as he heard the war cries, a bold storm behind him. It was slowing them down. Tina whimped as he lost his valuable collections.

Kalmar glanced up in the sky; there were lots of pointy sticks. They were not sticks silly heads. This was a rain of arrows coming right above them. In such an impulsive reaction, he braked up, turned around, crossed his hands in a shielding position.

"What are you doing?" Yelled Linna. "We are almost at the bank of the river."

As the arrows came so fast. Only he did was to sheild himself with a translucent yellow field force while the other parts were arrows jabbing into the surface. As soon as he discovered how stupid it was, he in such a rush, ros up and sprinted down to the river. He could hear the roar and rumble of the rapidly flowing masses of water ahead, just behind the cover of a thicket of trees in the bank.

He noticed the frustration that eneryone had on him and he came to ask, "What do we do?" He tried to catch his breath.

"The river, if flooding; one step in, it can be over. That's why we are going to hold each other like a long worm as we bath our way through." The King elaborated.

One of the soldiers was tying heavy stones to his legs to acquire more wait. He was suited for this. Judging by the physical appearance, he was strong and tall.

"Kholva, are you done?" Asked the King.

As soon as he finished, he stepped and stood infront of everyone, "Sure my lord." He had such deep graspy voice that could bring a shattering echoe.

Without any waste of time, he dashed in the angry water, hambered a little and maintained his balance. They gripped on each other's hands, trudged past each other into the water, while on the contrary, the enemy trailed them, sniffed on their backs and they were so close.

Kalmar lifted his chin up as the water was almost over his neck. He felt suffocated. On top of that, the water kept on splashing on his face. "You think they stopped,"murmered Kalmar.

Before Tina had chance to respond, it came to his sight in a shock as the man infront of him slowly sank in the water after the arrow found its way through his head. He was totally traumatised. The body felt so heavy and in that moment, he slowly loosened his hand. He felt the force of the water as he lost that unipower.

Before he could gasp, men infront, continuously sank after they were shot to death.

"Oh my God!!" Tina Yelped, while the water repeatedly hit his pale face. He breathed deeply with his mouth open and didn't regard the water which seeped into his turf tummy.

The man in front of him stretched his hand to him. "Grab my hand!" Shouted the man.

Before he could reach out to him, a bolting arrow passed his left ear sounding like whistle to that man's chest. He was alarmed with suspence and he reacted by widely opening his mouth again in horror.

Kalmar glared back to the men standind under the trees on the back in pure cannage and anger, but the water drove him powerless. The man stood there holding a lish of his fierce dog to his right hand. It showed its salivary long canines.

In that moment, he gave an abrupt reaction as soon as he heard Linna's voice.

She screamed, "Walter!!"

He wasn't surprised, though he wanted he still wanted that clarity. Even though he had no clear detection of the exact feeling, he could easily dertemine how she felt judging by her yelp.

Meanwhile, Mr Gimbletogh was holding Walter's right hand while the other one was bleeding out near the shoulder. He for sure wanted to let him drown, but that undecided mind kept him in full grip. He was so heavy that he couldn't sustain it. He groaned in pain as his hand was overstretched not to mention the increasing current. The whole situation was a disaster. He looked ahead where Linna and the King were standing on the other side. They thrived through, thanks to Kholva. He looked so hopelless, then he gave up and let himself and Walter drown. The water washed them down the river.

She cried out in pain.

"Are you even doing anyithing," said Tina.

Kalmar felt so angry, "What do you suggest?"

They were only left three of them.

Tina quictly turned back and said, "I want you be stealth and stop moving for once."

"Yah, that's right, they will have an easy clear shot, heads out. You didn't think of that, did you?"

While they argued, arrows came above them into the water.

"So what do we do!" Shouted Tina.

"We have to let go!" He shouted back.

"I'm afraid, I can't swim," said Tina in fear.

"Me neither... the next arrow will be in your head." He said that when he pulled his hand off the man behind him. They both let go and got carried away. They didn't fight it, they just turbulated like any other river load. Speaking of the river load, there came a couple of huge tree branches right after them with high velocity.

It was too hard for them to notice it because the water kept on overiding their control. Even the shout from thier helpless friends was a waste of time. The noise of traction and corrasion in both banks was quite enough for that.

On the either side, Archers were vaulting and striding like ellegent duikers alongside the bank seeking through for any angle of opportunity.

Those rolling giant woods came close enough, bumbing up and down, followed by an instant of submergence and outcast with an erect force, till the targets were hit, right away. Walter and Gimblitogh were already off the scene. The Archers' comander stood cautiuously to observe his prey.

Tina's head breifly emerged out of the splashing water, with eyes almost as if they want to shoot out of their lids. He was shocked as he glanced at him. The bastard. It was Ramanal, Walter's brother.

Ramanal sharply looked back, sneered as he watched them drown and thier blood dispersing quickly. He waited for a considerable time until he was satisified.