one, oddly undramatic !

one, oddly undramatic !

   after finishing filming season four of stranger things and its airing on netflix you weren't planning on accepting any role in the near future, just to give yourself some time to rest

   after finishing filming season four of stranger things and its airing on netflix you weren't planning on accepting any role in the near future, just to give yourself some time to rest. season four was intense, not just the shooting but all the interviews and events you had to appear at. it was your first big job and if you were honest, you didn't think people would be this welcoming of you and your character.

   starring between the other cast members, chatting and laughing at whatever fun fragment of memories they had on set, or just simply catching up with one another because of the gap between shooting the episodes and the premier's date. they have everything in your humble opinion, the cast was a giant family you were adopted into and they were more than perfect with their little own little imperfections. looking at them it felt more like home than anything after leaving your own home.

   "you seem to be a little out of it, everything alright?" you heard sadie behind you as everyone else was chatting and waiting for the event coordinator to call them out on the carpet. the same nauseous feeling that washed over you when you were getting ready for this moment, fingers shaking as you fidgeted with them, hoping that would calm your nerves so you were put together enough for the cameras.

   you shook your head, turning your eyes from the crowd of interviews and photographers, pinching the bridge of your nose before taking a glance at the redhead. "it's just... my manager called me this morning, i'm just a little worried." you confessed. throughout filming sadie and you became sort of close as the long days went on, enjoying your breaks together from the comfort of your trailers.

   "I'm sure it's nothing bad, you had a breakthrough, it's probably just directors trying to get you on their shows." sadie's hand landed on your shoulder, rubbing the exposed skin while giving you an encouraging smile.

   "i don't think i am ready for that either, stranger things still have one more season before ending." whatever the future held for you, you didn't want to know or think about it now. the sudden fame came sooner than you thought and with no one to comfortably talk about it with, it took a bigger toll on you than expected.

   "let's just enjoy this minute we have to promote the show then worry about the future, okay? maybe he just wanna round you up and tell you in person how good you are." thankful for the first part of sadie's encouragement you let out a breath you weren't aware you were holding, and for the second part you weren't so sure. maybe she was right and your manager wanted to congratulate you, but your mind was still circling the same venom of "you failed".

    "she'll come to my hotel room tomorrow, only i hope she times her visit after late breakfast." following this premier night you planned to sleep as long as you could before you had to search for other projects to take part in and start coordinating with your manager to see if you were on the last season of stranger things. you didn't want to, you would rather be doing anything else than have to see if anyone wanted to pick you up and continue making you a star.

   sadie was about to say something when the event coordinator stepped into the crowd of actors and actresses, calling them from the curtain onto the carpet.

   you sucked in a deep breath, taking sadie's hand as you tried to focus on what the guy was telling you to do. giving a squeeze of the hand of the ginger, you looked back at her. she gave you a small nod before the two of you alongside everyone else headed out.

   these fluffy white sheets at the hotel you were staying in were amazing and wished that you would be able to take them home with you. laying between them, scrolling through your phone they provided the nesseccary reinforcement for your back not to hurt from aimlessly laying in them the whole day.

   just as you finally forced yourself up from the clouds of the earth there was a knock then another on your door. sighing, you reached for the robe you had at the end of the bed and headed for the door.

   "a second!" you yelled as you wrapped the warm piece of clothing around your body, tying a knot on the front and slipping into your slippers. taking a quick glance at yourself in the mirror by the door you brushed your hair out with your fingers but didn't care too much since only your manager will be coming in, she had seen you in worse shape before.

   "maggie!" you half shouted when you saw the woman in her signature pencil skirt and suit jacket combo standing in the hall, holding her phone while adjusting her glasses. she didn't seem to notice you and the bright mood you radiated when seeing her so you gave her a few taps on the shoulder to knock her out of the trance she was in.

   "yes sorry, there were a few things i needed to finish." the older woman brushed your hand off from her arm, putting her phone away in her bag and then smoothing her dress out. you leaned against the door frame, worriedly watching as maggie looked and pointed at the right side of the hallways.

   "this is jenna ortega, she is gonna be your fake girlfriend for the next few months." confusion washing over your face, a shorter girl walks into the frame of your vision with her headphones on. she looked just about as unbothered and unmoved by maggie's sudden announcement as maggie herself was.

   "it's nice meeting you, y/n." she offered you a hand while also pushing her headphones off and resting them on her shoulder. you blinked a few times before everything clicked into place.

   "this is oddly undramatic and worrying at the same time." there was really nothing normal about this moment.