three, hang out like (girl) friends !

   today was once again no different from the past few, you were set up with jenna to go to this small local new york brunch place to pose for some endearing photos for the paparazzi before being able to back to your apartment in los angeles, to h...

   today was once again no different from the past few, you were set up with jenna to go to this small local new york brunch place to pose for some endearing photos for the paparazzi before being able to back to your apartment in los angeles, to have some alone time to yourself and cool off before your next big project starts.

   for whatever worth, the papers got everything wrong, and maybe that was for the best. no matter how much they write about seeing jenna and you, without a care in the world walking around between the people there wasn't much more to it. you didn't spend time together after the public stunts were done, no phone calls, no messages, no anything- it was as if your life was the same but a hint of different.

   you are not complaining, not at all, you were thankful there wasn't much more of a difficult picture to keep up. seemingly in love and unbothered by the outside world was one of many cliché dreams you once had before the striking wants of the public wanted to be part of it.

   "so this is our official first fake date?" you asked, picking your glass from the table, giving it a small stir with the metal straw before bringing it close to your lips. "keep your voice down," she chuckled while also reaching for her drink and clinging her glass against yours. it wasn't anything special, both of you just ordered juice next to a plate of late breakfast.

   "let's just forget about this whole situation and tell me about filming, it was your first big show, yeah?" her other hand did different gestures while her brows moved up the slightest as she sipped from her drink. her eyes focused on yours and it felt like being in the spotlight for the first time again, the anxiety and the same awkward feeling when everyone's eye is on you and waiting for the first word to leave intact from your mouth.

   "it was..." you took a deep breath, your gaze shying away from hers before continuing.

   "a journey," you laughed, leaning back in your chair, the rim of your glass touching your lips. "but i'm sure you know the ups and downs of the first day on the job. it's silly, tiring, and a little confidence burglar." you shrugged, swirling your drink around before finally taking a sip out of it.

   jenna, as you learned, not just has a way with her facial expression when she needs to get in character but in real life, she has ones that send you shrinking into a snail shell. it's incredibly tantalizing to see in person how she moves her eyebrows up, changing the air around the place entirely before muttering a normal, collected answer.

   "now that's a combination of words i've never heard." she claimed above her glass to which you once again just shrugged while almost finishing your drink. there wasn't much more to add to your days on set other than those three words, maybe pictures and messages to accompany the 'silly' and 'tiring' words.

   "have you seen the show?" you asked, somewhat taken aback by her answer while also being curious of two things- one if she really saw it and two, if she saw it then why question the description for a first-timer?

   "have you seen my movies?" she asked, her eyes daring you to lie to them. a breathy laugh left you through your nose as you brought your glass to your lips again, hooking your front teeth onto the rim. you tried buying yourself some time to think if you really didn't see any of her movies. a sort of defeated nod of your head later you finally spoke. "touché."

   jenna started to laugh once again, falling back against her chair with her hands on her stomach. "you want more drinks? i would like more drinks, some iced tea would really do some good for this heat." you asked with a voice ridden with anxiety while letting half-hearted laughs out, after putting your glass down before pushing through the silverware wrapped in napkins, left-out menus, and a pile more napkins.

   "don't make this awkward, it happens sometimes." jenna's hand came to stop yours from fidgeting around the table. you sighed, quickly pulling away as you felt your palm start sweating.

   "I'm good at awkward, ask anyone." you sort of prided yourself, trying to get the conversation back in rhythm after ruining it. "maybe i will but i still wouldn't believe it."

   "your second mistake." you pointed out.

   "second? what was my first?" a hint of playfulness filled in the otherwise feelingless question, jenna leaning on the table with the backs of her hands supporting her chin. curiosity flashed in her eyes and you couldn't help but feel proud to be striking her interest.

   "oh you know... accepting this date with me, the world's awkwardest person? first mistake." you were well aware that she sort of had to accept the date, but it was still funny in your opinion to bring it up as a way to mock her.

   "you are horrible." jenna shook her head, pursing her lips together and you were sure if she could her eyes would be shooting lightning bolts at you. "i know, right?" but you still pushed on with the joke, loving the way her smile looked and making sure those photographers got a good shot of the two of you.

   the food the two of you ordered finally arrived and soon the second set of drinks too that you asked for from the waitress who brought you your plates. you were hoping to just stuff your face with those delicious-looking, fancy little droplets of green oil on the edge of your plate but as soon as you were about to stab your fork into the food another question rise from your table partner.

   "so when are you going back to la?" jenna asked while cutting small bites from her plate before putting it in her mouth and pleasantly chewing on it. you sighed, lowering your fork back onto the white ceramic while thinking of an answer.

   "probably on sunday, just because sadie and i wanna try a couple of those places everyone goes to. you?" there wasn't really any destination in mind for you because you were just joining sadie and she also didn't mention the names of any of the places she wanted to go, only a vague description of them.

   "maybe in a week, i have a couple more interviews here before finally getting back to my own bed." jenna answered and you nodded, putting a piece of your food in your mouth finally. it was bliss and if you didn't know better you would say it was the best bite in your life.

   "we could do something together not for the papers, like friends?" she followed up and you nodded once again, picking up your napkin to wipe your mouth before speaking.

   "sure! there is a party sadie and i are invited to, but if you don't wanna come to that we can find something else." it wasn't going to be a huge party, a few friends and crew members from the set to have a private celebration of season four and other happy stuff that happened along the way.

   "no no, the party is fine." it was a charming sight, watching her clumsily trying to keep the food in her mouth while giving you a smile. there would be no problem faking this whole y/n y/l/n is dating jenna ortega, having lovey-dovey time in front of the cameras. there was not gonna be a kink between the two of you, the machine the two of you made was a well-oiled one, and once again, no kinks in the system.

  maybe there was a need for more personal connection, and getting to know each other like best friends would to really sell this whole dating thing but jenna's offer to hang out like friends gonna boost that. with all these long talks of that, the two of you were going to be just fine in this situation was maybe getting out of hand, reassuring yourself this much might be turning your brain inside out and soon maybe turn you crazy.

   maybe you were a little crazy about something. failing? maybe that wasn't it.

AUTHOR'S NOTE !
you waited long for this, here's the
third chapter, hope you enjoy !!!

comments are greatly appreciated,
don't be a silent reader !!!! <3