6. Tell it to the frogs Ⅱ

~Day sixty~

Daisy's head felt like it was about to explode, a relentless pounding that matched the beat of her frantic heart.

The sound grew louder and louder with each passing second, like a symphony of chaos that threatened to swallow her whole. She pressed her hands tightly against her ears, trying to block out the deafening high-pitched alarm that seemed to be coming from every direction.

Suddenly, a flash of crimson caught her eye, and the air was filled with the deafening roar of a powerful engine. A bright red sports car tore through the campsite like a shooting star, leaving a trail of dust and gravel in its wake as it screeched to a halt.

Chaos erupted, and people scrambled in every direction, unsure of what was happening.

Dale's voice could be heard over the noise, a twisted grimace on his face as he shouted something incomprehensible. His words were lost in the tumultuous noise, drowned out by the overwhelming commotion of it all.

Sophia tugged at Daisy's shirt, urging her to come along, but Daisy was frozen in place, her heart pounding in her chest. The younger girl had always been sensitive to loud sounds, and this one was no exception.

But Sophia was not one to give up so easily. She crouched down, offering Daisy a hand, her voice laced with excitement and curiosity. "Come on," she said, "I'll be with you the whole time. Let's just go see what it is!"

Daisy hesitated for a moment, unsure if she could handle the sensory overload. But then Sophia's hand grasped hers, and despite the pounding in her head and the wildly thumping heart in her chest telling her no, she found herself unable to turn down her newfound best friend. 

With small, timid steps and trembling hands tightly clasped together, Daisy and Sophia inched towards the commotion ahead. 

As they drew nearer, Daisy's eyes widened in disbelief as she caught a glimpse of Glenn clambering out of the sleek sports car with a frenzied energy. Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over as she broke free from Sophia's grip and sprinted towards her companion with all her might.

Shane and Jim huddled together over the car's hood, their furrowed brows deep in concentration as they tried to make sense of the chaos. Meanwhile, Amy paced back and forth like a caged animal, her eyes wide with fear and worry.

Glenn's movements were a blur of motion as he tried to explain the situation to the others, his arms flailing wildly as he recounted the events that had led him back to the campsite. His voice was loud and urgent, and Daisy couldn't tell if he was excited, panicked, or both.

And then, like a beacon, Daisy's small, sweet voice rang out like a bell. "Glenn!" she called. 

Despite the chaos and confusion, when the little child reached Glenn, everything else seemed to melt away. Her voice was like a gentle melody as she threw her arms around him in a tight embrace, clinging to him with a fierce intensity - as if she never wanted to let go.

Glenn felt Daisy's body quiver against him and he could sense her her breaths coming in ragged gasps as the sounds of the car threatened to consume her. He knew how sensitive she was to the harsh clamor of the outside world, how quickly she became overwhelmed and lost in its dissonance. 

So, he gently cupped his hands over her ears, hoping to create a barrier against the chaos.

"It's okay," he murmured softly, his voice a soothing balm to her frayed nerves. "We're safe now. You're safe." And of course, Daisy believed him with every single fiber in her being.

After all, why would Glenn ever lie to her?

Jim's hands danced on the engine, his forehead beaded with sweat as he desperately searched for the cause of the problem. Daisy watched, mesmerized, as he muttered to himself, his gaze darting between the machinery.