FLAG DOWN

JB was nervous; she hadn't slept. She asked her assistant to swap her day off with her.

Why did she decide to see this woman?

Why did she come when she knew nothing good would come from the interaction?

JB already knew the truth, but it wasn't enough because she was too attached. Curtis, her Curtis couldn't be this man.

A cheater and a liar, JB refused to believe it until she walked up to Tashelle's table and sat down. The women observed each other for a minute. They were so different in style and features.

Tashelle was the woman with the clean girl style. Her makeup was so flawless one would think she had none. She chose to wear a cream dress that hugged her body to perfection. All one could see was her baby bump.

"Thank you for coming," Tashelle said once JB was seated.

JB slid her gaze to the side and crossed her arms, "It's not like I had a choice." Despite JB's desire to sound poised and detached, the tone gave off ratchet.

Tashelle smiled; "you had one. We always have a choice, but sometimes someone fools us into thinking we don't. Do you want to drink something, maybe coffee or champagne? I can't have either. I'd be happy for you to drink in my stead."

"No, I'm good."

JB centered her gaze back to Tashelle and observed her once more. Everything about Tashelle, from her jewelry to her nails, screamed Première class. Curtis' wife had this magnetic aura that screamed power, yet what overwhelmed JB was how soft-spoken she was.

"You know, I don't think you're a bad person. Like many women, you met someone and thought he was the perfect match. It's entirely his fault. I don't blame you for anything."

JB sneered, "What are you trying to say, that I should be thankful or something?"

Tashelle sighed and placed a hand on her stomach. The baby always kicked when she was stressed. She never liked drama and detested Curtis for pushing her to the extreme where she showed a facette of herself she disliked. "ㅡYou've probably heard it before, but mistresses and girlfriends are fun until they become a wife. Think about it. Do you truly believe Curtis wouldn't do the same to you if you took my place?" Tashelle paused her speech briefly before saying, "ㅡI said it isn't your fault, but whatever you do now, you know he has a family will be. ㅡI mean, until now, you were a victim of a liar. If you continue your relationship, you'll be his accomplice, the woman who broke a happy home and separated a father and his kids. You'll be the talk of the town."

JB didn't know what to say, she had her arguments ready, but something tied her tongue. It was as though someone had sealed her lips.

Why couldn't she speak?

What was her mouth waiting for? She had questions, yet all battled and knocked behind her closed lips.

Tashelle observed her; no wonder Curtis liked JB. The woman was so there without effort, yet JB put in so much, too much, in Curtis's wife's opinion. The makeup was too bold for JB's fair skin, and the outfit she chose made her look like a Gucci gift wrap.

Perhaps in another life, the two women could have been friends, Tashelle thought. They were opposite, but they had one thing in common neither liked trouble. One glance at JB was enough to know the woman was panic-stricken. Tashelle was relieved and disappointed at the same time. She had heard so much about Congolese women's temper that the prudent wife intentionally chose a public location in case JB flipped modes and decided to burn the place down.

Nothing happened; even JB's response to Tashelle's words sounded like minor rants from a teen. It didn't matter. What was essential for Tashelle was getting her message across.

FIRST CAME YOUR EYESOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara