Part 1

As the unknown gem emerged from the Kindergarten, she heard the others in a panick. Gems scurried to get into a line for their Diamonds- Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond to visit. The gem tried to break free of her place in the kindergarten, trying to push through the walls of the coffin-like place.

Finally- she made it, breathing the fresh air in. "An off color. Peridot C48 Facet 2d, you specifically gave me word that this batch would not contain off-colors." Yellow Diamond gritted her teeth,

"Oh don't be like that, Yellow." Blue passed by Yellow to greet the small unknown gem. "Welcome to the world." Blue smiled, gesturing for the gem to be lifted into her hand.

The gem stepped forward, Blue quickly gave an examination as the other newly-hatched gems looked in rage and jealousy.

"Peridot, do you care to run a quick scan on this gem?" Blue asked, "Of course my Diamond, for this I will have to take this gem into my lab." Peridot bowed to her Diamond.

"Thank you Peridot." Blue Diamond sat the gem beside of Peridot. "No other off-colors?" Yellow asked, a bit of rage filled her voice. "W-where am I?" The gem asked, she rubbed her eyes.

"Welcome to life." The Peridot whispered with a chuckle. "Unfortunately, to run scans on you, you will need to poof for a bit of time." The Peridot explained, holding up a small syringe-like object in her hand.

"Do you mind?" The Peridot asked, the gem gently held her arm in view of the Peridot so that she could do what was needed. The Peridot shot a small portion of fluid under the gem's skin. The gem proofed a few seconds after as the Peridot picked up the peculiar looking gem.

"My Diamond, if I may inquire." The Peridot bowed, asking as the Diamonds stopped speaking for a moment. "Yes?" Yellow asked in an annoyed tone.
"This gem bares resemblance to a Diamond-shape." The Peridot examined it further.

"Hand it over." Yellow raised an eyebrow, pulling the gem closer. "Oh my stars, Peridot C48 Facet 2D, you're correct.. but it can't be, the Kindergarten wasn't pushed to make this.. "if I may inquire again."

Yellow nodded, "Kindergartens work by taking the energy from the life-sources here, it seems as though this gem has absorbed the life around it- even more so than a normal gem grown here." Peridot explained "See? Missing Quartz, 7 missing, what if this gem has absorbed the life from those pods?" Peridot showed the Diamonds.

"If I may again, it bares strong resemblance to a case we saw a few months back, a gem, resembling a Diamond, shattered- "Holly Agate" D576 Facet H31, the pods beside of it were dormant." Yellow and Blue listened, "Perhaps.. you're right." Blue looked at the gem as Yellow gently gave it back to Peridot.

"Head back to Homeworld using the warps now. Give this gem to White Diamond to see what she thinks, then run some tests." Yellow demanded, Peridot nodded.