You Brought This Onto Yourself

You hadn’t exactly been surprised to find yourself in this situation, arms wrenched behind your back in an awkward, painful, position as you were dragged out of the cafeteria by the giant wolven guards. You wanted to make yourself believe you didn’t know this was what would happen if you skipped the meeting, but you knew better, you knew what could have happened. Or perhaps it’d be more accurate to say, you knew that you might be taken to her, not what was going to happen upon your arrival or where you’d be taken, no, if you’d known that you would have done more to wriggle away from the beast like guards. Instead however, you simply went slack in their grips, allowing them to drag you helplessly towards your fate, unaware of what was to come due to your disobedience.

You could feel hot pain building in your arm, most likely due to being in such an awkward position as well as your arms being forced to take on your entire body weight due to you going slack, making the guards hold your arms tightly in place and drag you through the halls of the schools. It was agonizing but you breathed through it, you were new to this world, to this odd environment, but you assumed that if it got too painful they’d stop, they couldn’t possibly hurt you right?. I mean, they were staff at a school, even if they were staff for an evil school, it’d be insane to imagine they could purposely hurt you if they wanted and it’d be acceptable…right?.

Luckily, you didn’t think you’d be able to find out the answer to that, eyes glinting in a bit of nervous curiosity as the large beasts hauled your limp form into the never building. You watched in intrigue as the halls began to pass you by, the guards silently ushering you towards your impending fate as they took you through hall after hall, through door after door until, finally, they slowed as they came upon a staircase. It was dark, lit only by the soft orange and yellow glow of the torches that lined the stone walls of the staircase, spaced out every few feet from what you could tell. However the dark wasn’t what made the stairway intimidating, the dark wasn’t what caused your stomach to twist in nervousness and your heart begin to race in fear. No, not even close, instead you found yourself terrified as your nose started burning from the stench of putrid rot that was coming from within the stairway. Instead you found your skin crawling not from intimidation or nervousness, but due to the pure disgust that slowly filled you as your senses were overwhelmed with the sight and smell of blood, some old and some new as its irony smell and darkened stains lingered within the stairways walls.

Now you felt a bit of urgency overtake you, your initial calm was replaced with a surge of adrenaline, body struggling violently in their grips as you let out a gut wrenching scream of fear. You had believed that the school had rules, believed you’d be untouched aside from a bruise or two, just as you had the previous night. But the stench of blood and the fact that your destination was not one to be easily spotted lead you to the realization that they could hurt you, and from the looks of it, that was their plan. With a renewed struggle you felt your body begin to twist and wriggle in the guards grips, arms trying their hardest to break free of their hold as to avoid whatever was awaiting you in whatever hell hole this stairway would lead you. But of course, the guards were easily ten times stronger than you and didn’t seem to flinch a bit at your newly found fight, instead simply tightening their grips and chuckling darkly in amusement at your struggling.

“ Finally starting to smarten up huh ever?...Too late though, just what you’d expect from an ever. “
Your heart began to ache painfully in your chest from how fast it was racing, a burning pain in your throat as tears began to form in your eyes, tears not of sadness or anger, but of pure fear. Your breathing began to grow unsteady as well, quick yet no longer uniform, growing more and more unstable the longer they held you at the top of those stairs. The panic was so bad you were starting to hyperventilate, starting to hurt yourself in an attempt to get loose, the pain in your left arm growing almost unbearable the more you struggled and twisted in their grasp, hot pain forcing you to gasp and suck in air greedily as you struggled harder and harder as a result. You were terrified, struggling as if you were a wild animal who’d been trapped, boxed in and frightened, forcing you to fight and claw to try and get free.