58. Before the Clock Strikes Twelve ⌚

A.B. said he would pick me up this afternoon, but I woke up early due to going to bed super early. Honestly, I was glad for the rest. It was much needed. So, yes! I took my happy-self to Music Bravos my old place of employment to surprise A.B.

After parking my old car, I walked inside the store. For it to be open, it was quite empty inside. Where are the employees? I made a familiar path to the manager's office when I saw the light on and the door open. I can't wait to see his face.

"Good morning!" I exclaimed before hopping in the room.

"Good morning," a woman giggled.

My smile immediately dropped.

"Are you here for a job application or an interview?" She asked me.

I looked around the room. "No. I was looking for the manager. I used to work here."

The woman stood to her feet. Her eyes displayed a bit of sadness. "I'm sorry, but Mr. Bravos fell ill. He's no longer the manager, but he did hire me. My name is Nyeira Abbott. If you'd like, I can give Mr. Bravos a call and tell him you were looking for him."

While she told her lifetime story, I thought about where A.B. could be. I knew he was here, because his car was parked outside. I took my phone out my back pocket.

"Would you like me to call him?" Nyeira asked me.

"No. I'll call him." I walked out the office and back to the front door as I searched for his name in my phone.

"I thought I heard your voice."

I quickly turned around to see A.B. smiling at me.

"Sir, where were you?" I walked over to the checkout counter.

"Getting some work done in the storage room. I do recall saying I was going to pick you up later on, but since you're here..." A.B. spread his arms out. "Good morning, Jamie."

I folded my arms. "Don't good morning me. I was trying to surprise you."

A.B. forced me into a hug. Instantly, I had forgot everything I was going to say. He released me sooner than I wanted him to. "I appreciate the surprise, but what are you going to do for the next three hours."

I leaned toward him. "I was going to camp out in your office, but there's some woman in there."

A.B. snapped his finger. "I forgot to tell you that I hired a new manager for the store. Her name is Nyeira. She's actually just moved here from Westchester."

I arched a brow. "So y'all know each other?"

A.B. grinned, "Westchester isn't that small."

"It's no bigger than East Grove."

"Oh, A.B. I was just about to look for you."

We both looked at Nyeira.

"I can't find the employee files. I know you showed me before, but..."