Touch Of Fire

Hey lovelies,

Thought this might intrigue you and give you a glimpse of the next book☺️

Let me know your thoughts of this:

Sneak peek

My heart stopped inside my chest as my mind went blank. I was not able to cognate what was happening anymore when I had just been able to understand everything just a few seconds ago.

The loud music that had previously been blasting in my ears felt like a high-pitched white noise with no sound at all. Even when my best friend was shaking the life out of me to snap out of it, my eyes just stared at her like they were looking at a video of hers from behind the glass cage.

For the first time, my body didn't feel like it was my own. It felt like I was a mere wandering spirit that was watching the glimpse of someone else's life through their eyes.

As if automatically detecting the one person that made my heart pound inside my chest, may it be for the good reason or perhaps for the wrong reason as it was happening at this very moment, my eyes swept through the sweaty bodies of the immense crowd that swayed to the beats of the music until they trailed past him only to come back to halt at him again, who was now talking, rather really cheerily to the very enemy of mine, an existence that threatened the survival of me and my family, a thug that had no conscience and the one beast that might even be worse than the devil himself for his sins and greed. The only one who I had desperately prayed and pleaded lord to not turn out to be the very same man who this person was meeting here right now, since he was the person that I trusted the most, even with my own life.

I might have not even believed it if had it been someone else's words that have been whispered about this meeting to me.

I might have even defended him in that situation.

The times we had spent flashed before my eyes. That mesmerizing diplomatic smile of his, that charming aura of his that makes me feel he's trustworthy and I am safe no matter what whenever I was with him, the way he dodged the questions asked... Now those answers seemed to have become my very sin...

The reality shattered my world when he smiled like an angel toward the devil that would stoop down to any level to secure his victory and shook his hand like they were old friends and my lip-reading skill confirmed what he was saying, "the pleasure is actually mine to work with you. There haven't been any useful evidences in this case anyway that it needs tampering from my end. It might not be such a useless loss for being the first blackspot in my career for me after all. At the very least, you can afford me."

The smile that had decorated his face, pierced through my heart.

And here I was, witnessing the betrayal that could have cost me my family, my trust, my hope... my everything. The betrayal of Neel Raivardhan and it was shattering me.