Stop the Pain

.

.

.

Vegas watched the tears roll down Pete's once fluffy cheeks. The fair skinned boy closed his eyes, his face once a while contorted in pain. Vegas brushed the sweaty bangs from Pete's forehead, gently placed his palm on it to make sure the fever had cooled down, but it hasn't. Pete laid on their bed, using Vegas's thighs as his pillow, body wrapped with a white blanket. He felt cold even though his body was warm. His breathing was unsteady and once a while he mumbled incoherent words saying that he's cold or he's in pain.

Vegas had turned on the heater, but Pete was still shivering from the cold. Vegas refused to leave Pete, in case he needed something or in case something bad happened. Two days ago when he insisted on leaving for the office, he found Pete crying in pain on his bed once he got home, both eyes puffy and red. He decided to never leave his lover anymore.

"Let's go to the hospital again, Baby..." Vegas said, but Pete just faintly shook his head. The sick man barely ate anything and now his body was already so weak. Vegas had decided to feed Pete once, but the latter cried saying that he was in pain and he just wanted to sleep. Pete also never wanted to go to the hospital, and that just made Vegas more frustrated and sad.

Vegas shifted their position, helping Pete's weak body into his embrace, securing the sick man in a protective hug. Pete's head lulled to the side of Vegas's neck and he could feel Pete's tears wetting his skin. His lover was in pain, and he hated the fact that he could not do anything about it.

"Pete, please listen to me this once. Let's go check your body now. It caused you fever and the fever is not cooling down." Vegas said as he caressed Pete's back. "Let's do the surgery."

"No... No..." Pete said, barely above a whisper. "You're such a bad person... I hate you." Pete hit Vegas' arm with his strengthless fists. He hated it because Vegas didn't understand that he didn't want to go anywhere but their room. Pete hated it even more because Vegas insisted on bringing him to hospital. He hates hospitals.

Hospitals reminded him of what happened with Vegas - that wasn't a pleasant memory to have when you're in severe pain.

"You know you don't... Come on, let's get you dressed and we will go to hospital." Vegas tried to release Pete from their hug but the latter held on as tight as his strength can manage.

"Baby, come on..."

Pete still held on tight to him, and Vegas could only sigh. Pete was now circling his arms around Vegas's neck, hugging him as tight as he could.

"Pete, please don't be like this..."

Pete buried his face to Vegas's neck, refusing to give Vegas any answer. He hated this side of Vegas. He hated Vegas when he started forcing him to do what he didn't want to do. He was in pain now and he just wanted to cuddle Vegas to sleep. It will make the pain lessen, at least.

"No."

"Pete, please..."

"I said no!" Pete almost let out a sob. Vegas is usually very weak with Pete's tears, let alone his painful sobs, but right now he can not buy it. It's not because Vegas doesn't love him, it's because he hated seeing Pete in pain.

"Pete, come on, don't be such a kid..." Vegas tried to peel Pete's arm from his neck but Pete stayed still. "Let go, Pete... Come on."

But Pete still clung onto him. Sometimes Pete could be so stubborn.

"I said, no! You're such an asshole, Vegas! I fucking hate you!" Pete mumbled, tightening his hands around Vegas's neck as an attempt to show his tantrum.