Chapter One

"Welcome to Delilah's Boutique can I help you with anything?" Dakota asks the newly arrived customer. She had been working for nine and a half hours and was really looking forward to getting off in the next thirty minutes. Her feet hurt and the only thing that could help her was a relaxing soak in her Jacuzzi tub.

"No thank you, I'm just looking." replied the woman. "I'm Dakota if you need anything." She says introducing herself and returning to cleaning up the store.

"I'd like to buy these blouses please." The woman from earlier says to Dakota.

Dakota smiles and takes the clothes from the woman to ring her up . "So, do you have a boyfriend?" Dakota snaps her head up and looks at her customer.

"U-Um, that's a bit personal don't you think?" Dakota asks her curious customer. "Well, we're both girls...and the only ones here," she says with a weird smile on her face . "You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I was just curious. People always tell me I'm too curious for my own good. I just don't know when to bud out of people's business."

That's for sure , Dakota thought . 

Dakota gives her a polite smile and hurries to finish ringing her up. "I almost forgot to tell you my name. I'm Jamie." She sticks her hand out and waits for Dakota to shake it. Hesitant, Dakota doesn't know if she should shake her hand but decides not to be rude. "I would introduce myself but you already know my name." Dakota chuckles and Jamie joins in.

"Okay, it looks like your total is $55.98." "Do you take credit?" Dakota nods and Jamie hands her credit card over. "Thank you for shopping at Delilah's Boutique, have a nice day."

Jamie smiles and begins to leave but turns around and walks back over to Delia. "Would you like to go out for drinks?" Dakota, taken aback by this strangers sudden invite, tries to think of an excuse. "Thank you but I'm actually not yet able to legally drink."

Jamie's face falls and she looks as if she just heard her dog died. "Please! We don't have to stay long, just a few drinks."

What part of I'm not twenty one does she not get ?

" I would but I'm no-"  "Well what about if we just get dinner ?"

Is she serious ? A smile on her face Dakota sighs and tries one more thing. " I can't go out tonight. My fourteen cats are home alone and I need to feed them. If you'll excuse me I need to finish locking up."

Jamie doesn't say anything , only nods and leaves.

After closing down the store Dakota walks out and locks the doors almost dropping her keys at the sound of her phone going off.

From: Bestie
9:37pm

Heyy! Girl where are you ? I thought we could chill tonight after you got off work. TEXT ME BACK !

Sighing she walks to her car and begins her drive home . As she drove she noticed the car in front of her was going extremely slow . She tried to get over but it looked like the cars to her left and right were blocking her . Sighing in disbelief she turned her head back to the road. The car in front stopped suddenly which caused Dakota to slam on her brakes , but not before she crashed into the snail car. 

Never having been in an accident before she was very shaken up. She watched as the owner of the car got out and silently prayed they were kind.

Unbuckling her seat belt Dakota reached to open her door only to pause. Before her was the most handsome man she had ever seen before . He was about 6'0 , had the most intense brown eyes she had ever seen before and wore a dazzling smile upon his face.