Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Traitors among the Spiral
___

"I know a lot of things especially about Uzu's fall, and your role it in, Uncle Ryusuke." Naruto snarled at the man before him. As the redhead's face scrunched in concentration Naruto attempted to reach his friend though the link that had been established some time before. 'No good. Either the link is being blocked somehow or he is not listening.' Naruto cursed to himself.

"Who the hell are you?" The man cursed in contempt.

"You are really stupid. To think that you actually got away with betraying Uzu for so long. Tell me how did that work out for you? I suppose that no one knows of your betrayal though. How did you keep that a secret? Clearly you couldn't find a new village if you are here as a "nuke-nin". Does the word 'uncle' not mean anything to you?" Naruto retorted.

"Uncle? Kushina had a kid?!" The man yelled in surprise. Naruto smirked sadistically at the man as he drew his sword.

"Yeah as a matter of fact she did. Interesting isn't it? Although I was actually hoping to run into you sooner or later. Honestly I had been hoping for later when I was more versed in our family's jutsu but now works for me." Ryusuke said nothing as the blonde before him drew the blade at his side. He had never expected that Kushina of all people would have a kid. She was so independent so the thought of her actually settling down was foreign to him. Yet here was the proof before him. He looked nothing like the Uzumaki clan though. Was the boy lying? He had to be.

"I don't know who you really are and I don't care. You are going to die right here for attacking this place." Ryusuke snarled drawing his own blade.

"You don't care about much do you? Certainly didn't care about your home or your family now did you?" Naruto replied. After a moment of silence the two vanished from sight and the only sound that could be heard was the clashing of swords. The fight between the two Uzumaki had begun.

With Sasuke...

The two shinobi in the room stood completely still not moving at all. No words had passed since the initial remarks and from the looks of it none would anytime soon. The two were still both waiting for the other to make a move when the sound of steel meeting steel rang in their ears.

"So Ryusuke has started dealing with the blonde brat huh? He won't last long." Sasuke's opponent sneered.

"Ryusuke...Uzumaki?" Sasuke queried catching the man's attention.

"I'm surprised that you know that name. What's it to you though?"

"Nothing much to me but for the 'blonde brat' it means everything. Looks like the dobe got his wish much sooner than expected." Sasuke said straightening himself and beginning to brush the dust off of him. The man twitched in irritation at the clear disinterest that was being shown. He had known that the Uchiha could be quite proud and arrogant, having fought a few himself in the past but this was something else.

"What wish did he get sooner rather than later?"

"The dobe gets to kill the traitor to the spiral, his uncle." Sasuke said calmly as he dusted the rest of his clothes off. The man's eyes widened at his words. The blonde was Ryusuke's nephew? That couldn't be possible. Everyone in Uzu died when the attack happened. Ryusuke made sure of that. It had always been an interesting story to hear from the swordsman. To think that there was the possibility that he had missed a survivor.