23| Chestnut Eyes

23| Chestnut Eyes

The most antics I'd ever gotten up to in all my 23 years of life had to have been in college

The most antics I'd ever gotten up to in all my 23 years of life had to have been in college. And even then, I'd gone to maybe two frat parties the entire time, drank pretty damn responsibly to the point that I'd never had a legitimate blackout, and I only smoked a little weed here and there. Recreational party drugs had never landed themselves in my hands, not to say there hadn't been moments of curiosity. With psychedelics, at least, I was a bit more interested in the prospect. However, I felt no urge. I wasn't a party king.

But part of this bet was getting me out of my comfort zone. Trying to play it up as if I could possibly be a party king, and an artist all at once. I didn't exactly know what I was searching for with this video camera, but I knew it was inspiration.

Thankfully, this wasn't like a frat party. No beer pong type shit, which I was so thankful for because I was sure Charlie would've tried to pull me into that. And subsequently make fun of me when she realizes I've played beer pong, like, never, and I probably sucked at it.

But Charlie was definitely in it for a party. Even though it wasn't a frat party, and there was actively a Christmas atmosphere surrounding us, she was taking shots like it was.

A part of me kept wanting to intervene, but I knew it would probably end in her snapping at me, or at the very least, calling me a party pooper. As per the "new" Elijah, I wasn't a party pooper.

We ended up taking these snowball shots, which were basically piles of crushed ice covered in grenadine and tequila. It wasn't the worst, but definitely gave me brain freeze on the way down. I was starting to feel the warmth, though. The kick of the alcohol in my system. Charlie was pulling me around with her, not physically, but literally. River was too busy running all over the place to do much, but once we reached the kitchen again for another drink, he appeared.

"Y'all, my favorites!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around the both of us. "Oh, I can already smell that you're having a great time. Tequilaaaaa..." River spun around, did a little dance and the stood back in front of us. "I have a possibly point opportunity."

We both raised our eyebrows, and shared a glance before refocusing on River.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Kara-oke!" he exclaimed, putting extra emphasis on the word.

"Oh god, not karaoke..." Charlie grumbled. I watched her reach over to grab another mini tequila bottle, and thought once again about how many of those she'd already had.

It shouldn't have been any of my business.

"I'm doing a song soon, it's happening down the hallway, to the right, at the very end. There's this entertainment room. Follow the signs! They set them up, and everything. Please join," River drawled, himself a little drunk, as well. I was just buzzed.