Chapter Four: "The Weakness Of Humanity"

"Viktor?" I asked almost in disbelief that it was him. It seemed too easy. Caitlyn instantly pointed her gun at him. "Stand up, hands up, and face us!" She shouted. They didn't seem to
move. Not even an inch. Was he even breathing? I looked at Vi, vi looked at me, looking at Caitlyn and Caitlyn looking back at us. Vi shrugged as I stepped forward to the man. Taking small careful steps pulling my gun out. I stood right behind him. Then I realized.

That old man. I had seen him before. Where? I thought hard. Too many faces to remember but the man was off. I remembered what the old priest said. "No one knew where Viktor was." So how did that man know? Vi and Caitlyn stood behind me in anticipation. I sighed and said, "you've got to be fucking kidding me." I said as dropped my gun and turned the chair around that the "Viktor" guy was sitting in. As I predicted it was nothing but a dummy. "It's a fake." I spoke.

"What??" Caitlyn said confused. "It's a fake!" I said again moving to the side so they can see. "Dammit." Caitlyn sighed. "Then.... Who was that ma-" vi said but stopped mid-sentence when she fainted. "Vi? Vi!?" Caitlyn shouted as she held Vi. I looked at the floor... something wasn't right. That's when green gas began to rise up from the floor. "Shit!" I yelled looking around for some sort of mask to protect us from the gas. It was too late. I fainted right on the spot.

I woke up. Hot and dizzy. Vi was already awake looking at me in fear. "What's going on?" I asked. Vi didn't speak all she did was turn her head towards the front of us. In front of us stood Caitlyn. Tied up to a pole. "I tried to warn them..." a man said. "But you know humans..." the man continued walking in front of Vi and Me with his back turned to us. He then turned around. "We never listen..."

"Who are you!?" Vi questioned. "And why do you have Caitlyn tied up?" I asked. "Ran out of chairs to keep her in... so I tied her up this electrical pole I've been working on. On my command it will shock her." The man said proud of himself. "Are you Viktor?" I asked. "No....but I know of him, know him. Sense he was a kid." The man said. "Who are you!?" Vi asked again with more anger. The man glanced at Vi and grabbed a chair. Sitting in it facing Me and Vi.

"They call me singed." He said as he then looked at Vi. "You know... I remember you. You're that uh.... What was her name? Eh "jinx?" He said thinking. "Yes, Jinx's sister. Silco's daughter-"
"She's not his daughter! You know nothing! Nothing about her!" Vi shouted. "And you do?" Singed said. Vi growled with anger. "I know enough."

"What do you want?" I asked impatiently. The man looked at me. "You know... you're just like Viktor." Singed said. "You almost look like him too... somethings are different, but I can see it."
The man said. "Don't compare me to that bastard." I spat. "Why not? He was like a brother to you, wasn't he?" Singed said. Immediately I began to feel dizzy again. "I'll tell you the truth. Viktor. Is a very smart man. Always was always will be. He wasn't raised the best way." Singed continued. "By the look of your face y/n, I can tell... you already know... you've suppressed your emotions, your feelings, and the truth. For a chance to live a lie. To make you feel stronger. At the end of the day, you are still just a little girl, whose parents couldn't protect you, or your siblings. So, you had to move over to Piltover." Singed spat with irritation.

I sat emotionless. I didn't know what to think. What to say. "Y/n? What is he talking about?" Vi asked. "He's your half-brother! Isn't he!?" Caitlyn shouted. I didn't respond. I already had to face Sevika it was hard enough facing Viktor too. It was as if an old memory from my mind was unlocked. I remembered the day Viktor ran off somewhere every day when I was younger. He would go hang out with some guy in a cave. I know this because I was spying on him one day. The day he left me with my foster mother, was the day I began to hate him. He was free and yet I was still suffering. I snapped out of my flash back the moment I felt Vi's gaze on me. She was confused. Lost. I couldn't give an answer. Singed answered for me. "She doesn't remember...it's an old harmful memory." He said as he turned his gaze to Vi. "Think of it this way. You are able to use the memory of powder to keep you going. Y/n keeps things bottled up in the back of her head to keep her going."