Chapter 2

...What Watches From The Darkness...

Y/n was resting uneasily in his bed, squirming and shifting throughout the night untill finally, at the strike of midnight, his eyes snapped open. He had woken up from the overwhelming feeling of being watched. He couldn't move.

..He..

..Couldn't move..?

Y/n desperately tried to move himself, at least a twitch of the finger or something, he wanted to move.

..Then he glanced at the doorway..

...Now he NEEDED to move..

A tall figure stood in his doorway, staring at him. Dead silent and eerily still. The only movement from that thing was it's slow and shallow breaths. It looked.. almost demon-like.. it had horns, and just looked like a demon.

Y/n was horrified. Tears welled up in his eyes as he stared at whatever the Hell was in his doorway. His body trembled, but that was all it could do. He kept desperately trying to move.

It's just sleep paralysis, Y/n, don't panic too much, it's not real, the second you move it'll dissapear, you just need to MOVE

He thought to himself. His eyes never left the figure as he kept trying to move. Then, finally, he balled his hand into a fist. He could move again!

..But..

..the creature didn't vanish..

..The creature was real..

A scream got choked up on Y/n's throat and all he could do was gasp. This alerted the creature. It flinched from the sound and took a step back, stumbling over it's.. seemingly melted.. foot, before slowly limping out of sight.

Y/n waited untill the footsteps were gone before shooting out of bed and flicking his lights on. He shut and locked his bedroom door before curling up in bed again. He was sobbing quietly and gripping his head in his hands. "O-oh God.. th-that thing.. i-it's real.. I-I need to- no.. he's asleep.. God damn it, what time is it..?"

Y/n glanced to a digital clock on his nightstand. "Fucking Hell.." he whispered to himself. "I can't sleep now.. I'll just get myself some coffee in the morning.." he mumbled softly to himself. He grabbed his phone, and distracted himself as he waited for morning.

°•~--------------------------------------------------------------~•°

As the sun rose, Y/n let his tired eyes drift to the window. He sighed in relief. He stood from his bed and opened his door, walking out of his room to the kitchen where he'd start up the coffee pot.

His roommate, Oliver, walked up behind him with a smile. "Mornin' Y/n- Oh My Lord You Look Aweful!" He suddenly stated. "Did you not sleep or somethn'!? Look at them bags under yer eyes! Them bags even got bags!" He sputtered out. "Here, you go rest on the couch. I'll finish makin' the coffee." He spoke gently, guiding Y/n to the couch.

Y/n gave a mumbled thanks and plopped down on the couch. He wanted to say something about the creature he saw just about nine hours ago, but he decided not to. He didn't want to scare the poor boy. He just sat quietly and waited for his coffee.

As Oliver finished making the coffee, he tilted his head to the livingroom. "Hey Y/n, can ya turn on the TV? I wanna watch the news fer a bit! Herd' from a friend sum' kids r' out stealin' from people n' I wanna know where to avoid goin'!" He called from the kitchen. Oliver had a bit of an accent, he had moved from Texis a while back.

Y/n silently grabbed the remote and pressed the power button. The TV blinked to life and immediately on the news was Joey Drew Studios. Y/n froze in fear after listening.

"The famous Joey Drew Studios is under lockdown after the Ink Demon creature somehow escaped. It is still unknown where the creature is. It is highly dangerous. Be safe out there. If you find it, call 1800-×××-××××."

Y/n nearly shot off the couch to find his phone, but.. he did nothing. He didn't want that wretched studio to keep running, he wanted all those horrific expiraments to stop. With how big the studio was, it'd take months to sirch everywhere.

Y/n decided not to call. "Those damn expiraments can stop.. if I just keep the demon.." he mumbled to himself. He then thought. "Is.. is it really here..? I.. should check when Oliver leaves.." he said to himself. He sighed quietly.

"God damn it.."