Chapter 3

...The Demon And The Offer...

(👇 line signals a small timeskip btw 👇)
°•~--------------------------------------------------------------~•°

As Y/n sipped his coffee, he listened to Oliver ramble about random things he wanted to ramble about. He always listened to Oliver's rambling, it was always entertaining. One time he rambled on about a racoon he found in the garage and how he gave it a whole backstory and a name. He named the racoon "Bandit", as it was stealing some cat food Oliver left out for the stray cats when he found the masked thief.

After what felt like an eternity of listening ti Oliver's entertaining stories, he stood from the couch with a sigh. "I gotta get ta work. Shelves won't stock themselves." He said. He ruffled Y/n's messy H/C hair before heading to the door, where he grabbed a name pin and a set of keys out of a bowl on a small table. He waved to Y/n with a big goofy smile before leaving, locking the door behind him.

Y/n sighed softly and sat his coffee down on the coffee table. He stood slowly. "Guess its time, then.." he mumbled to himself. He slowly made his way over to the basement, the walk felt like it took forever.

Y/n reached for the basement door. He swallowed his nerves and unlocked the door, opening it slowly. He was immediately bet with those eyes from the night before.

"L-listen.. whatever the Hell you are.." Y/n spoke. He took in a deep breath to try and calm his nerves. "A-Are you.. The, umm.. Ink.. Demon..?" He asked cautiously. All that the creature gave back was a slow blink. Y/n huffed, and reached for the light switch.

Flicking on the lights, he stared down at the creature. And the creature stared back through it's ink covered eyes. "God damn it.. how did you get here..?" Y/n asked shakily, keeping his eyes on the demon. The Demon shuffled to the basket of clean cloths. Oliver must have finished the laundry while Y/n was asleep.

The demon pointed a gloved finger at the large black stain on one of Y/n's old work shirts. Y/n sighed quietly. "Shit.." he mumbled. He furrowed his brows a bit in thought before speaking. "I'll.. let you stay here, ok..? Just try to stay hidden from the other two in the house.. they'll call the studio if they see you.." he said. The Demon gave a slow nod, understanding the need to keep hidden.

Y/n then realized something. "Shit.. you gotta eat, don't you.. what the hell do you even eat? How do you eat? I've herd Henry say something about you eating stuff but I never payed attention.." he mumbled out.

The demon started to slowly ascend the stairs. Y/n panicked and took a step back, causing the demon to flinch and stop moving completely. It let out a quiet chuff like sound. Was that an apology?

Y/n sighed softly. "It's.. fine.. I just got a little startled is all.. c'mon, check through the fridge n' stuff, show me what you can and can't eat.." y/n spoke somewhat calmly, stepping to the side so the demon could exit when it finished climbing the basement stairs.

The demon slowly limped to the fridge, opening the door with its gloved hand and just staring for a moment. It then reached before grabbing something, then pulled it out and showed it to Y/n. It was a container of leftover Thanksgiving turkey. The demon pointed to the container, then to it's mouth, tilting it's head a bit to try and communicate what it wanted.

Y/n sighed. "You hungry?" He asked, greeted with a nod from the tall demon. He gave a small nod back. "You can eat some of it, but not too much, ok? I wanna make myself a sandwich later and there's not much left." He said. The demon immediately opened the container once told it could eat.

Y/n looked off to the side, noticing the demon wouldn't eat with him watching. Guess his question on how it ate would remain unanswered forever, huh.

After a few minutes of munching, the container closed and the fridge opened. Y/n looked back at the demon, who was placing the container back in the fridge.

Y/n thought for a moment. "So, Mr. Ink Demon. You'll be staying with me for quite a while, we're gonna have to set some rules. Ok?" He was greeted with a nod as the demon closed the fridge.

"Alright. Rule 1, Don't come out of the basement if the other two are here. Rule 2, try not to get ink everywhere. Rule 3, don't eat too much, the others could get suspicious if two servings worth of food go missing without a trace and I don't gain any weight. Rule 4, don't kill anyone in this house. Understood?"

The demon nodded. It's tail swayed slowly behind it as it stood. It seemed calm. Y/n felt a little less uneasy at that, but didn't let his guard down. "Ok, back in the basement. Your dripping." He pointed to a small puddle of ink at the demon's feet. The demon quickly cleaned up the ink before heading back to the basement, turning off the light and shutting the door behind it.

Y/n shuffled his way back to the couch and plopped down. He was silent as he finally fully registered what just happened. "Fuck there's a demon in my house.." he grumbled. He grabbed his coffee and drank half of what remained. "Shit.. why should I trust it.. it could just murder me in my sleep or something.." he said to himself. He looked to the TV and decided it would be best to try and keep his mind off of it, watching the news instead.

Y/n couldn't shake his uneasy feeling. It just made it worse that he was now 100% positive there was a real demon in his house. He just spoke to the damn thing.

Y/n then pulled out his phone. "Shit I gotta look for a job.." he muttered. He started scrolling through job websites, and ended up scrolling for hours. He was only snapped out of his scrolling when he herd a door open.