Chapter 2

Sodo never saw the ghost for a whole month. He stayed in the library late at night, calling for the ghost to come out of hiding. The feeling of being watched grew stronger, to the point he couldn't sleep. He was sleep in the common room, where sisters would pass throughout the night, so he wouldn't always be alone. The feeling ate him from the inside out. He wasn't one to get paranoid, but he was.

For fucks' sake, he couldn't sleep in his own room! At one point he broke and went to one of the sister's who was a practicing witch.

"Please, I need help! I'm going crazy!" Sodo groaned, burying his face in his hands.

"Well, if it's such a common thing to the being watched feeling, I would recommend trying to summon her spiritly." Willow said as she collected herbs from the garden. Sodo sat hunched over on the ground beside her.

"I've been calling out to her, but nothing seems to work." Sodo added.

"You can't just summon a ghost by just saying her name. There is many other things to do to prepare for a summoning." Willow chuckled with a shake of her head. Her septum piercing shook with her, making her rub her nose at the ticklish feeling.

"I don't know." He sighed, watching her hands work with the herbs, her black nail polish hiding any dirt under her nails.

"If you are serious about a summoning, tell me and I can help." She said.

"Okay, thanks." He sighed, starting to stand up.

"I just wish I could sleep in my room." He said. Willow stood up, looking him in the eyes.

"It's you're room. Not hers. She's not welcome." She said, looking at the shorter ghoul. Sodo only sighed, walking away back into the church. He went to his room, flopping down onto the bed. It was only noon, so he had a lot of time to think over stuff.

{~}

The sun had disappeared from the sky. Sodo sat on his bed, watching the corners like a hawk. He waited awhile, surprised of the feeling of not being watched yet. He crawled under the covers, bringing them up over his shoulders. He exhaled, closing his eyes for a peaceful slumber.

He had just fallen asleep when his room brightened. The covers were still half way over his head so he couldn't see where the light came from. It was the milky white glow he had seen only once before, which was on the ghost. It moved around the room slightly and almost seemed to be over top of him. He inhaled deeply before rolling over, coming eye to eye with the ghost. He yelped again, making her disappear then reappear in the corner.

"Fucking hell, stop scaring me!" He gasped. She stayed silent, staring at him.

"Why do you keep watching me?" He asked, removing himself from the bed.

"Because ghoul, there is something about you. I watch you sleep every night. I watch you all night." She spoke, folding her hands in front of her.

"Well stop!" He sighed.

"What's you're name?" She asked.

"Sodomizer. Sodo for short." He said, eyeing her as she stepped closer.

"What's yours?" He asked her.

"I don't necessarily have a name. I lost my humane name when I was sacrificed." She spoke softly.

"Sacrificed?" He rose his eyebrows.

"The papa ancestors... they sacrificed me." She said, continuing to look at Sodo.

"Well what was you're name before you died?" He asked, nearing the beautiful ghost.

"Y/n." She said quietly.

"It's very pretty." Sodo nodded. He now stood in front of the ghost. He reached out, trying to rest his hand on her cheek. She gave him a sympathetic smile as his hand went straight through her.

"You can't touch me, and I can't touch you." She said sadly. Sodo nodded quietly, watching her.

"It's incredible. It's like you put me in a trance." He said quietly, looking over the ghost'a features.

"How could I? I'm a normal ghost. I have no special abilties." She let out a chuckle.

"You're so... so beautiful." He reached out to touch her, then paused.

"Well that is very kind of you." She nodded.

"Will you come see me more often? Please?" The ghoul asked quickly, his eyes flicking over her face.

"I suppose I could." She nodded. Sodo smiled before frowning again.

"Why haven't you came out when I would call for you in the library?" He asked.

"I was scared someone else would see me." She said quickly. Sodo nodded as awkward silence fell over both of them.

"Why did you let me see you?" He then asked.

"You found me before I knew. There wasn't much I could do." She shrugged.

"Didn't you hear me in the library?" He asked.

"Yes, I just thought you were on the other side. I was very foolish, I must admit." She sighed.

"I didn't... make you upset right? Like if you want, I can forget about ever meeting you." Sodo said quickly.

"No-" She said, grasping his hands, making the ghoul jump.

"I mean... no." She said, letting go of him.

"I thought... you couldn't touch me.." He stared at her.

"Only when I allow it. Like when I can go through walls, I allow it. I-... I shouldn't have lied. I'm sorry Sodo. Please forgive me." She said quickly.

"I forgive you." He gave her a small smile. She glanced over to the clock above his bed.

"There is something else I should tell you. When the sun rises over the peaks, I am forced to vanish." She said sadly.

"Why?" Sodo asked.

"It's a curse an old witch put on me as I was being sacrificed. It was to show how even a demon couldn't love me, as I would vanish during the day. Once the sunsets, I am released from the darkness I am trapped in." She spoke, sadness in her voice.

"Oh wow." He said, stunned by it.

"I guess that's why I don't show myself to anyone. I'm scared I'll fall in love." She said, her voice echoing as she started walking around his room, her heels still time clicking on the wooden floor. Sodo's eyes followed her, watching her every move.

"I should have never let myself be seen." She shook her head, looking back at the ghoul.

"W-Why?" He gulped.

"Because we both are looking at each other with lust and love. You can't deny it." She said, walking back to the ghoul. He downcasted his gaze before nodding. The room fell silent till a knock sounded at the door.

"Sodo?" It was Willow. Y/n turned her head to look at the door before turning back to Sodo. She planted a soft kiss on his jaw before vanishing into the night.

"Y-Yea, coming." He said quickly, trying to ignore the shakiness in his voice.