Prologue

1864

Rosalyn's POV

"Katerina!" I yelled, running up to her, putting on a false act of fear. "What's going on? Why are they dragging your family away?" I asked in a hurry, keeping my voice down so the humans wouldn't see it.

Her expression dropped and she took my arm gently. "They found out, they're coming after us," Katerina explained to me before she began to walk with me. "Keep calm, go get your sister, we're running soon." I nodded my head and knew this would be bad.

Not for me of course, but for Katerina, yeah it was pretty bad. "How did they figure it out?" I questioned her before we reached the path for my home.

"I don't know, they suddenly started dropping Vampires with Vervain, we need to leave soon."

I nodded my head and pushed her for the Salvatore home. "Be careful Katerina," I warned her before grabbing the sides of my dress and lifting them as I ran towards my home with Izabelah, my sister.

I turned to see Katerina out of sight, having disappeared within the blink of an eye. Me and Izabelah had been here to keep an eye on Miss Katerina Petrova, she was a doppelganger, someone who needed to be observed, watched to see if she was a threat.

Best thing was, Katerina wasn't a threat, she was now a Vampire and had been for years, this meant she couldn't be used in the spell. Which was a relief for me and Izzi because we didn't need to kill her.

I let off a huff of air as I shut the door behind me. "Izabelah Petrova, You shouldn't have sent that letter yet" I was annoyed by her, she knew we should have left first. "We needed to leave before sending it," I sighed, we were supposed to have left before they started taking the Vampires.

"Yeah, Yeah. Listen." Izabelah, my sister started as she walked in. "Now we won't have to worry about another Tattia Doppelganger," she explained. "If Katerina was the last one alive, then there are no more in the bloodline. We can do what we want to do."

I gave a small smile before hugging her. "I can't believe we did it." I explained and we hugged each other.

Me and Izabelah were on a Mission, as stated by the Witch Council. We had to explore the Earth, and take or kill the Petrova doppelganger, this was to stop a man from using the doppelganger for his own gain and unlocking a side to him that shouldn't ever be free.

We gave up our mortality to do it. Well I did, Izabelah was already immortal, she froze her body clock. I am 14 years younger than Izzi, but I looked 24 now, since I aged before I turned.

Izzi, she stopped when she was 26, meaning we were only physically two years apart, but I was 12 years old when she did it.

I'm not human, as gathered. I was a Vampire, but I never used to be. Back when I was born, when I turned 15, I killed my first human being, by accident of course, but it happened, which activated my curse.

I was a Werewolf too, born, turned to one and now I am one. The Witch Council gave me the chance to be both a Vampire and Werewolf, as long as I was responsible, and did what the deal stated, stop the Doppelganger from being killed by Niklaus Mikaelson, then I was able to stay as an Immortal hybrid.

We pulled back from each other and nodded a silent agreement. We both needed to get our stuff together now, get out of here and head away, travel, earn money, find things to do. We had a very long wait ahead of us, if there was another doppelganger, then she wouldn't show up until 100 years in the future.

That's how long there is between the arrival of doppelganger. We weren't sure that Katerina had a child, so we would just have to wait 100 years, and see.