𝟙.

"It's so... Vivid."

Of course those were the first words that left the mouth of an Addams, who was now, cringing a little at the brightness of the room. The rumors must be true then. They're trending all over tiktok. But then again, this room did have that effect on people initially.

It took my like 2 whole weeks to get used to all those creepy ass dolls staring at me as I slept. "Ms. l/n, what a pleasant surprise!" A warm voice then greeted. "Why am I not surprised to see you here." The principal, whom I had grown a little closer to over time, smiled.

"Didn't you just say that you were surprised?" I ask, a little confused, as was Enid, and basically everyone in this room. "No, of course not. This is like your second home, isn't it?" Weems, who was also very confused now, stated.

"Oh, but you did say that if was a pleasant surprise to spot the l/n girl here..." A pudgy, young boy mumbled, standing next to a round, jolly corpse that grinned at us all excitedly.

"Have you been drinking again?" I ask bluntly, recalling all those times I caught her smuggling a couple of bottles of normie-liquor from bars in Jericho every time she'd drive me back from the pointless, court-ordered, therapy sessions I had to attend twice a week.

"Absolutely not!" She lied, shooting me a 'BOMBASTIC' side-eye, and I shot her a 'CRIMINAL OFFENSIVE' side-eye back. Ew y/n no- stop that! This is what I meant by watching too much tiktok...

"Shouldn't you be studying now in your own dorm?" Weems then changed the topic, narrowing her eyes at me, glaring at my comfy cow pjs. "Don't worry, I'm moving out." I sigh, picking up the box that contained my blankets and pillows and a few clothes and towels too.

"Howdy roomie!" Enid, on the other hand, who was all tidy and dressed up, trotted up to the Addams family, and greeted the pale girl warmly. "Wednesday, this is Enid Sinclair, and her friend, y/n l/n." Introduced Weems as the raven-haired corpse just stared blankly at us.

"Is she even alive?" I ask, genuinely concerned, waving my hand in front of the corpse's face, trying to earn a reaction from her, but failing miserable. "That thing isn't even breathing." I concluded a few seconds later. "Hey, did anyone even see her blink?" I then ask, only to be elbowed in the gut.

"Shut up, y/n." She hissed softly, smiling apologetically at the unfazed family. "But seriously though... Are you okay? You look a little pale." Enid then chimes in, a little worried about the raven she didn't even know.

"Wednesday always looks half-dead." The comparatively lively man answered. Examining the pale couple that stood before us, I couldn't help but appreciate how elegant and dead the lady looked. Dressed in a beautiful black gown, her long, raven hair draped down her shoulders, all the way down her back.

Her lipstick was blood red, and there was absolutely nothing about this woman that didn't scream 'batshit cray-cray'. And the fact that she named her own daughter after one of the most useless days of the week didn't help that case. What even is up with that?

"Out of all the days of the week, why Wednesday?" I finally ask. The woman just smiled softly, as if impressed by my question, while her husband just began eating some... crayons along with his son? "Our daughter is named after our favorite poem." Replied the woman.

"Whacky Wednesday?" I guessed, not really knowing a lot of poems that contained the word 'Wednesday' in their title. The lady's face dropped, and her eyes widened as if I had just stated the most offensive thing ever. Oop- Should've kept my mouth shut.

Her reaction to this, for some reason, made Weems snort a little before shutting up and looking away. I sense a little hostility... "Wednesday's child is full of woes." The raven-haired woman corrected me. "Oh, that's cool." I mumble awkwardly, looking at the nonchalant girl pitifully.

No wonder she's so sullen all the time. I would be too if I was named that. And I thought my parents hated me... However, the way she stared back- Wednesday- well, that gave me major heebie-jeebies. Especially because she still hadn't blinked once.

WHY DOESN'T SHE BLINK?!

"Um, my mom named me y/n because the hospital wouldn't let her name me Oops, if it makes you feel any better." I then tell the girl, trying to comfort her, getting rather uncomfortable by the presence of this strange family. No reaction.

The older man and his son, however,  let out a snort at that, only to be silenced by the glare the older woman cast at the two, and now everyone was in an awkward position. "Uhhhh- Welcome to Ophelia Hall!" Enid then exclaimed, trying to change the topic, opening her arms wide and leaning in for a hug, only to get rejected by Wednesday, who took a step back, shooting Enid a glare. 

"Not a hugger. Got it." Enid makes a note, making me laugh at the complete loser moment she just had. "Shut up y/n." She hissed, throwing a sock at me, making me laugh some more. "Please excuse Wednesday." The lady then spoke up again.

"She's uh, allergic to color." She adds. "Oh damn, what happens to you?" I ask, gathering my books. "I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones." Wednesday answers flatly, staring dead into my eyes, still not blinking. 

OH MY GOD JUST BLINK ALREADY BITCH! IT'S NOT THAT HARD- AHHHHHH.

"Luckily we've ordered you a special uniform." Mrs. Weems chuckled softly. "Enid, please take Wednesday to the registrar's office to pick it up along with her schedule, and give her a tour along the way while escorting y/n back to her dormitory." She instructs.

Wednesday just turns back towards the door, facing her parents. I don't know what look she shot them exactly, but their wide-grins just seemed to have disappeared all of a sudden. And with that, she walks outta the room, followed by Enid, who was dragging me along.

"I still have to change into my uniform though." I protest, slowing down, not wanting to skip along the way with this hyperactive not-yet-a-werewolf pup. "Well then go get dressed quickly." She rolls her eyes at me, skipping up to Wednesday to bug her with the same boring old welcome speech.

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us." Enid starts. "Outcasts, freaks, monsters. Fill in your favorite marginalized group here." She adds, and as I was walking past them, I heard Wednesday talk again.

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch." She snapped. "I don't plan on staying here for long." She stopped beside the trophy case. "Why not?" Enid asked, and I stand next to her, planning on going to my room a little later, cuz this whole interaction with her seemed very entertaining.

"This was my parents' idea." Wednesday answered, looking around, disgusted. "Oh look, there's my mother smirking at me." She pointed to the old dusty photograph of the previous fencing team. "They've been looking for any excuse to send me here." She added bitterly.

"It's all a part of their nefarious plan, yet completely obvious plan." She shrugged. "What plan?" Enid asked, perhaps excited to find out more gossip about this girl. "To turn me into a version of themselves." Wednesday replied.

"Well, in that case, perhaps you can clear something up." Enid started, continuing the tour. "Rumor's been swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled strings to get you off." She said bluntly, and I elbow her in the gut, raising my brows at her.

"Actually, it was two kids." Wednesday corrected nonchalantly. "But who's counting?" She brushed it off, walking ahead. "Damn, she's amazing." I smile to myself, truly charmed by her enigmatic freaky self. "Weren't you supposed to go get changed?" Enid reminded, unamused.

"Nah, I'm staying. The newbie's fun." I grin. Enid just rolled her eyes at me again, laughing a little, as I overdramatically kicked the door open, leading us into the Quad, which is actually more of a Pent at this point, and also the place where everyone hung out during their free time.

This should be good.