𝟚𝟟.

"We have to get back to the woods."

Enid was inspecting the boat, Kitty, with a very keen eye. "The problem is, Weems has been watching us, well mostly just Wednesday, like a vulture circling a fucking carcass." I sigh. "You know, I kinda like having you around." I smile at her. "It really distracts Weems from me." I add. 

"So you both want me to cover so that you can return to the scene of a crime that didn't happen?" Enid guessed. "Alright now, we've been over this." I clear my throat, not happy about having my friends not believing me.

"I have bee-keeping club this afternoon." Wednesday informed Enid. "I need you as decoy." She said. "Sorry, two strikes." Enid frowned. "I'm busy, and bees totally creep me out." She stated. "Why don't you just ask Thing?" She asked Wednesday. 

"Oh wait- you can't because he's mad at you." She remembered.

"Wait, why's he mad? He's the one who screwed up with Rowan." Wednesday scoffed. "I mean, all we know is that we spent an hour with him last night in my room, giving each other manis..." I inform. "And boy did he open up." Enid finished.

"He feels you don't respect him as a person." I tell her. "Well technically, he's only a hand." Wednesday reminds. "Still doesn't stop Y/N from respecting him, and she respects no one." Enid scoffs. "Hey, I treat everyone equally!" I defend.

"Yeah, like shit." She rolled her eyes. "Okay, is this about the breakfast pizza rolls? Because I swear I didn't know you were gonna finish them." I sigh. "y/n, I've left a lotta food on my plate in the past. Yet you never seemed to have bothered to finish the broccoli." Enid sighed.

"And also, this isn't about that. It's about Wednesday." She corrected. "Ah yes, I forgot." I mumble. "She's right, dude. You treat him like trash, and he's your family!" I try to talk some sense into her. "And you never turn your back on family." I quote.

"Nice. Dom Toretto would be proud." Enid grinned, giving me a 'no-lookie' high-five. "We also may or may not have stayed up till 2am in y/m's room along with Ajax and Thing watching Dom Toretto memes last night." Enid added. 

"Might I add how painfully single I felt watching the chemistry the two of you share?" I roll my eyes, not understanding how or why they weren't dating yet. "Back to the point..." Enid changed the topic, her face bright red. "Thing is your family, and he would do ANYTHINIG for you." She frowned.

"Go apologize, and I'll reconsider helping you two." Enid dismisses. 

"Welp, let's go warm that hand's heart up then." I swing my arm across Wednesday's shoulder casually, walking to the academy, but she just slips away. Oh right, she doesn't do physical contact of any sort. My bad. Won't happen again.

"Seriously? Duct tape?" I raise my brows at Wednesday when we reach Ophelia Hall, staring at the line of duct tape, dividing the dorm in two equal halves. Oh, and there Thing was, chilling on Enid's bed, scrolling through some fashion magazines. 

"I snapped at you." Wednesday walked up to him. "I'll check my tone in the future." She assured. "Now chop-chop, before all our leads turn cold." She commanded, turning around to leave. Things didn't budge though. He stayed put, and continued reading? How does he do that?

"What is it what you want?" Wednesday questioned, realizing that he wasn't coming. "Hand cream? Nail buffer? New cuticle scissors?" She listed. "Consider it done." She promised. Thing, who couldn't take it anymore, threw the magazine away, at her, and stood on the bed.

"Looks like he wants a proper, well-deserved apology." I guess, rather amused. Things just gives us a thumbs up, proving that I was right. Wednesday just took in a deep breath, and exhaled out her frustration. She then walked up to him, and sat on Enid's bed, beside him.

He showed a few more signs, but I couldn't really guess them all. "I know I'm stubborn, single-minded, and obsessive..." Wednesday sighed. "But those are all traits of great writers." She defended. "And serial killers." Things and I say the same thing.

Him with sign language and me with words. 

"What's your point?" Wednesday asked. Things communicates again, and though I couldn't guess it's meaning from word to word, I kinda did somehow understand him a little? "I have nothing to get off my chest, and I'm not submitting to your emotional blackmail." She snapped. 

"...Fine."