Chapter Nineteen | Blue Lights

I could feel the cold water touching my feet as a warm light touched my skin

I could feel the cold water touching my feet as a warm light touched my skin. I slowly opened my eyes. The sky was an open space before me. Leah's head rested on my chest and her vanilla scent filled my chest with warmth and familiarity. I could hear the ocean moving back and forth, sometimes retreating into itself and other times moving forward toward the shore like an open book.

Leah moved, she threw her arm over my chest and her lips touched the skin right over my heart. I exhaled loudly as if I had no control over myself. I could feel Leah smiling.

"Good morning." She said softly

I averted my eyes from the sky and looked at her, her eyes were emerald green under the sunlight. I moved forward and kissed her, our lips moving slowly.

"Good morning," I whispered into her lips

Yesterday, we had a party at the villa. It wasn't as huge as the previous ones. I was in charge of the music as usual. The party was drama free this time. Jane and Mike weren't at the party. I saw them leave before the party started.

Leah and I spent some time on the beach after the party and we fell asleep on the sand. The sun was already up and I could hear loud commotion in the villa. Probably, Craig hired people to clean the aftermath of the party.

Leah was on her feet already. She put her fingers into her hair, taming the wild brown strands. Her eyes were on the ocean.

"I am going to take a swim." she told me before she took off her clothes and walked to the ocean in her underwear. I stood up and followed her. I took off my jeans and t-shirt, leaving me in my boxers. I walk the short distance to the water. I waded my way to Leah as she emerged back from under the water. I hugged her from behind, wrapping my arms around her shoulders and kissing her on the top of her head. The vanilla scent is amplified by the salty water.

Leah turned to look at me. She put her arms around my neck and kissed me by the corner of my mouth.

"Can't you stay longer?" She asked me as her eyes looked over my face. I could see a hint of sadness in them. I wanted to tell her that I would stay longer but I couldn't do that.

"Even if I want to, I can't do that. We have to go back to Lackbay."

Leah looked away for a brief moment, then she looked back at me. There was a hint of tears in her eyes. She closed her eyes trying to hide the unshed tears. I immediately leaned forward and planted small kisses on her both eyes.

"I just wanted you to be in my life longer." She whispered

"I am in your life, and I am never leaving, leah." I whispered back

She opened her eyes and a single tear fell. I watched it slide down her cheek and fall into the ocean, mixing the two salts into one deep body of water. Her sadness drowned into the depth of the ocean, taking my heart with it.