Chapter 1 - The Gods Return

It was a nice normal day, well if you would call a young boy running through a forest normal. This young 14 year old boy was none other than Izuku Yagi.

He was your typical young happy boy who wanted to become a hero like any other boy. But yet one single word changed it all....."Quirkless".

For 10 whole years. He has been subjected to bullying from his own classmates and peers. For 10 whole years he has had to fend for himself, make his own food. To even treat his own injuries.

For 10 years since that single day he has been subjugated with such abuse and neglect from his so called family and friends.

Even All Might the man who was his idol his only spark of light within the darkness turned out to be his own father who said he couldn't be a hero! And yet he had a quirk that he could have given him from the start.

Now we see Izuku who is hiding in a cave that he found while running away from his so called "Sister and Friends". Remembering the words that she said to his face before running off into the forest.

"Why do I even have such a worthless brother like you!? I wished you would have never been born!"

Izuku just cried and ran from them. He heard them screaming his name but didn't even look back or even say anything. He just ran and cried.

He cried for who knows how ling and then those cries turned into fits of pure rage. He was angry at them they say they wish to be heros. And yet they treat him like this?

After a while he calmed down and was about to start going back to his "home". Until he stopped.....he looked back at the cave only to fell something calling to him.

He wandered deeper within the cave only to walk into a chamber like area. With a hammer of sorts on a pedestal.

 With a hammer of sorts on a pedestal

Izuku: Woah....

He walked closer to it then he put his hand on the handle only for him to suddenly black out and lose consciousness. He then woke up in an empty void.

???: So...you finally came...

He looked around a bit scared until he saw a large cloaked man.

Izuku: W-who are you?
He said trying to sound brave but failing miserably.

???: Thats cute kid. Listen to me, I'm gonna make this short for ya kid....you are my reincarnation.

Izuku: R-reincarnation? But I don't even know who you are!

???: Ahhh, now that's a good point. Though I'm surprised that you don't even recognize me.

Izuku was confused by what he meant until he took his cloak off revealing a very LARGE man. His hair looked long and messy with a dark shade of red,  almost as the same as his beard.

???: My name....Is Thor, The God of Thunder.

Izuku was shocked to find out that he was the reincarnation of a literal God!

Izuku: But why would I be your reincarnation, I'm not strong. I'm not special either. I'm just some powerless boy who can't even have a decent family.

Thor wouldn't lie when he saw what the boys family did to him it made him sick to his stomach. Sure he beat the hell out of his own son. He wasn't there for his daughter as often as he should have. But he still tried to mend what was left of their relationship. Hell his family wasn't perfect but he at least was there for his kids.

But this was different, he had no control over anything. And yet they treat him as if he doesn't even exist. Even Odin himself would strike someone down if they did that. God or not cause that is just not right.

Thor: Listen kid. I'll be honest here. You're alot more special than you realize. Listen i need someone to be my successor. And right now, your the one who fits the bill. So what do ya say?

Izuku thought to himself for what felt like hours. Trying to think that this was all just a big dream. But in the end he succumbed to realization that this was true. But there was one thing he need to know....

Izuku: Hey, Thor. I want to ask you something....

Thor hummed.

Izuku: Do you think someone like me could be a hero.

Thor was silent for a minute. Izuku taking that silence as an answer till the silence was broken.

Thor: I do believe it's possible.

Izuku was wide eyed with shock. Those were the exact words that he wanted to hear, someone who actually believes in him. He wanted to say something but Thor continued.

Thor: Just because your powerless doesn't mean anything. It just means you have to work alot more harder than everyone else to achieve your goals. So Izuku Odinson, will you be my successor?
He said in a serious tone.

Izuku was crying tears of joy, hearing the words he wanted to hear for so long actually came to him. Then he made his decision.

Izuku: Yes! I will!

Thor: Then we have alot of work to do kid.

Izuku smiled then his face turned into one of pure determination.

Thor smiled nostalgicly at the boys determination, it reminded him of how his children were determined to get stronger than he was when they were young ones.

This was now the beginning of his own journey not just the journey of a hero. But his journey to Godhood. And he will not faulter for now Izuku yagi- no, Izuku Thorsson was "The next God of Thunder".

A/N: Hello everyone I just want to day this story was made with the idea from yunarukami45. So thank him/her for this amazing idea. I hope you all stay safe and I'll see you all in the next chapter of whatever I post. And yes, the title idea was from "Izuku Yagi: The next God of War". (Sorry if that's not the right title)