𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

"Did you kill Rumlow?"

"And good morning to you too Stark!" I laugh walking into the kitchen pouring myself a coffee.

"Cut the crap y/n! Answer the question!" He slams his palm on the counter, startling me slightly as I turn to face him.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of their bed." I raise my brow as I take a sip.

"Answer the question!" His tone doesn't falter, looking at him I can see how worked up and serious he is. Slowly I turn to put my cup down, facing back to him I grip the counter with both hands as I lean back onto it.

"Did you kill Rumlow Y/N?" He asks again, this time in a calmer tone.

"YuP." Popping the P I give him a smile, failing to understand where this has all come from and what the big deal is.

"YuP. Yup... YuP." He repeats over and over. "That's all you have to say y/n... yuP?"

"Yes... Sí... Oui... Da... I mean I can keep going with yes in different languages-"

"Stop talking!" He yells slamming his hand on the counter again, he turns away gripping the counter tight, his knuckles going white.

I roll my eyes in annoyance, shaking my head slightly as I place my coffee cup back on the counter.

"I can't believe how unbelievably stupid you've been." He hisses in anger, dragging his palms over his face trying to process my confirmation.

"What exactly do you want me to say Tony? This isn't a bad thing-"

"Isn't it!?"

"How? How is this bad!? One of the main leaders of hydra is dead! This is good news!"

"Do you ever learn!? Do you ever listen!? No you don't because you're one of the most hot head, childish people I've ever met! Never thinking of the repercussions of their actions!" Stopping himself from speaking he looks at me in horror, not quite believing what he has said himself.

"Fuck you stark!" I swipe my coffee mug smashing it to the ground, coffee going everywhere. Spinning on my feet I make a swift exit, refusing to take anymore of his bullshit.

"Y/N wait!" He calls out but I keep walking, not looking back.

I mutter to myself, angry thoughts as I head down to the medical ward for the day. Bruce was going to be running some more tests and I knew Steve needed me by his side to support him through it all.

"Morning y/n, you ready to start?" I give Bruce a soft smile nodding in agreement.

"Just tell me what you need me to do." I stand at the foot of Steve's bed, looking at his motionless body. The last 90 days had been hell. My best friend, the man I loved so deeply, he was helpless. He has risked his life trying to save me not even knowing if I was in the building that day.

Assisting Bruce we carry out all the necessary tests, the results coming back the same as any other time. And like every other time there is no change, no progress, constantly being stuck in this endless loop.

"Bruce, why aren't they getting any better?"

"Y/N, we need to be patient..."

"Bruce, I don't have any more patience... I can't keep living like this not knowing if the two most important people in my life are gonna wake.... I just can't... I'm done." I ignore his calls, keeping my head down as I exit the medical bay. The past 90 days keep scrambling through my head, constant flashbacks of finding them. Finding Nick, dead and buried, flashbacks to his funeral.

Sitting at my new desk in the office I start reading through old files of hydra, trying to gather more and more information about their bases, their operations and what they intend to do next. I needed to be one step ahead if I was going to bring them down.

Turning back to my computer I start scrolling through the archives, nothing overhauling concerning popping out at me. I sigh in frustration, dragging my hands over my face.

"Nick's file..." I mumble to myself, eyebrows rising I surprise myself. "Holy shit! His file!" Pulling the keyboard towards me frantically I start typing, searching for all of Nick's old file's he had on Hydra. Logging onto the system is easy, I always knew his passwords and he knew it.

Scrolling through I can't see anything of much importance, just what we already know about hydra and their operations. I keep digging through his files, still not being able to find anything of use. Just as I'm about to give up I see a file labelled under my name. Curiosity getting the better of me I go to click on the file. Asking me to enter the passcode I go to put Nick's usual passcode in.

**ACCESS DENIED**

Frowning, I re-enter his passcode.

*ACCESS DENIED**

"What?" I question myself. Switching tactics I try another passcode.

**ACCESS DENIED**

Frustrated, I keep trying all Nick's previous passcodes.

**ACCESS DENIED**
**ACCESS DENIED**
**ACCESS DENIED**

"FUCK!" I slam my fists on my desk, pushing back I stand, pacing my office. What the hell could be on those files that he doesn't want me to see, I mean they're about me.

F.R.I.D.A.Y. "Miss y/l/n, your presence has been requested by Mr Stark."

"Tell Mr Stark he can go fuck himself!" I shake my head in frustration, after the way he spoke to me today it's better for everyone if we don't speak again for the rest of the day.

*PING*

Tony Stank:
Y/N, I need to see you ASAP!

I open my message from Tony and quickly discard it, shoving my phone back in my pocket. Not long after, just as I get to my room I feel it buzzing in my pocket.

*INCOMING CALL TONY STANK*

*REJECT*

To no surprise my phone rang again and was quickly rejected.

*INCOMING CALL TONY STANK*

*REJECT*

Looking down to my phone screen I can see a few voicemails from him, slowly starting to build up. Ignoring it, I get into my room, slamming the door hard behind me. I hear my phone pinging with messages more and more but choose to still ignore it. My phone starts buzzing again, wanting to be left alone I give in and answer.

"WHAT?!" I shout down the phone but to my surprise it's not Tony's voice I hear.

"Y/n, it's Sam... She's awake... Sharon's awake."

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★
a/n: so Sharon's awake 👀 but what about Steve? Why hasn't the super soldier awoken first?

What was on Nick's file about y/n? Will this help y/n bring hydra down?

ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ 💗
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ 3000 ʟᴜᴄʏ xᴏxᴏ