𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇

I'd left the medical bay not in the best of moods, Bruce knowing the best thing for me was to leave me be and focus on Sharon and Steve. The test results had come back the same as every other time, yet he couldn't understand why neither had awoken. Especially Steve, his genetics had proven that he should be awake, his body had recovered from his injuries, but here he remained in his coma. There was something else underlying going on but Bruce and the team were yet to discover what was going on. Then the most bizarre thing happened. Sharon woke up first.

***

I stood frozen still processing the words Sam had just spoken to me. 'She's awake... Sharon's awake' I feel a huge wave of relief wash over me. Surely if she was awake then it would mean that Steve is awake too. I don't answer Sam and hang up the phone immediately and rush for the medical bay. I have all these feelings rushing around inside of me, trying to process where we go from here. What will happen next?

As soon as I get into the medical bay and see Sharon sitting upright I run over, wrapping my arms tightly around her, afraid if I let go she'll be gone again. "Sharon, you have no idea how relieved I am that you are both okay." I pull back from the hug, taking a moment to really look at my friend. She gives me a soft smile but I can see the sadness in her eyes. "It's good to be back y/n." She croaks out, she starts coughing slightly so I quickly grab her a glass of water. As she drinks I speak again.

"I am so sorry about this, hydra they-"

"I know." she interrupts as she passes the glass back to me and I place it down on the small table by her bed. Bringing my attention back to her she takes both my hands, squeezing gently. I just give her a warm smile, I can feel myself tearing up a little as I'm just so relieved.

"I best go see how Steve's baring up, now that you're both awake." The room falls silent at my statement, I knew then something wasn't right. I look at Sharon who gives Sam, Tony and Bruce a worrying look.

"What's going on?" I question as I slowly rise to my feet, none of them can look me in the eye. "God dammit will someone say something!" My outburst startles a few of them, but not Tony.

"Come on T, what's happening?"

"He's not awake..."

"He's not awake? What do you mean he's not awake? He's a freaking super soldier for goodness sake, no offence Sharon but if anyone was going to wake up first it was going to be Steve." I can see the sympathy in their eyes and that just infuriates me more. I signed deeply before storming over to Steve's bay and of course they were right. Nothing.

"Steve Rogers you son of a bitch." I mutter under my breath, the relief that I felt early had now vanished, all I had was the horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. None of this made any sense, he should be awake. He is a super soldier for goodness sake. Something else must have happened to him that day and I was sure as hell going to find out what it was.

"I... I have to go." I turn on my feet and rush out of the medical unit. I can hear a few of them calling after me but I don't stop, I just keep going. Getting to my office I lock myself in and draw the blinds, opening my laptop I start scanning through all the old Hydra case files. If something had been done to Steve then Hydra were the ones behind it.

***

It's been three days now and still nothing. I hadn't left my office in that time, I don't even think I slept, I knew somewhere hidden in the files was the answer. Tony had tried a few times to reason with me that I needed to come out and give myself a break but that's what hydra wanted, they wanted me to give up and let whatever they had done keep happening.

𝙵𝙸𝙻𝙴 𝙽𝙾. 𝟼𝟹𝟷𝟶𝟹

𝚂𝚄𝙱𝙹𝙴𝙲𝚃: 𝚈/𝙽 𝚈/𝙻/𝙽 𝚄𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁𝙲𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙾𝙽

𝙾𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙰𝙻 𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙾𝙽:
𝟹𝟼.𝟷𝟼𝟿𝟿° 𝙽, 𝟷𝟷𝟻.𝟷𝟹𝟿𝟾° 𝚆
𝙻𝚊𝚜 𝚅𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚜, 𝙽𝚅, 𝚄𝚂𝙰
𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚉𝚘𝚗𝚎: 𝙽𝚅, 𝚄𝚂𝙰 (𝙶𝙼𝚃-𝟽)
𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎: 𝟸𝟶:𝟶𝟶
𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚕 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗𝚜.
𝙰𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚎𝚍: 𝙰𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚈/𝙽 𝚈/𝙻/𝙽

𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙸𝙵:
𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚁𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 (𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚊). 𝚈/𝙽 𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜.

𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚙𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚒𝚣𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚂.𝙷.𝙸.𝙴.𝙻.𝙳.

I stop reading the report and sit back in my chair. S.H.I.E.L.D has hydra's equipment. I needed to get to the S.H.I.E.L.D base ASAP. I don 't know what I'm looking for but I have a hunch.

***

"Thanks for doing this Maria." I say as we walk into S.H.I.E.L.D 's main headquarters.

"No problem, I know you're having a tough time at the moment, but I have to ask... What is it that you're looking for?"

"Inspiration." I can see her furrowing her brow in the corner of my eye and I can't help but smirk. I had absolutely no idea what I was looking for but if anyone knows when hydra is up to something... it's me.

Walking into the large warehouse the large ceiling lights switch on one section at a time, illuminating the whole warehouse. There are stacks of equipment and files everywhere. This was going to be a long operation.  "Do you need help with anything?" Maria breaks me out of my thoughts. As much as having a second pair of eyes would help, I knew it was only me who would know what I was looking for.

"No it's okay Maria, I'll shout when I'm done, but seriously thank you for this." I give her a warm smile before she heads out, leaving me alone.

"Now hydra... It's time to play." Grinning to myself I get stuck right in.

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★
a/n: So it's just been shy of a year since I last updated this book! I'm hoping to finally bring my attention back to my stories again.

What is y/n's hunch? Could hydra have done something to Steve to stop him waking up?

ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ & ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ 💗
ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ 3000 ʟᴜᴄʏ xᴏxᴏ