3

Sorry for any errors, enjoy!

RECORD STORE,
NEW YORK

OCTOBER 29th, 1993

Left to right, her small hips switched gaining stares from the dudes on the corners of Downtown New York. It was late in the evening meaning traffic was backed up. The sounds of horns being pressed echoed throughout the streets. On the glass window, her brown eyes read the name of the store.

MOODIES RECORDS

It was a gloomy Friday, the sun hadn't revealed itself from the grey clouds not once. She wondered if it would rain, but after checking the forecast. It was likely impossible to. Pulling the door open, the bell rang in her ears. Against the grey carpet, the red pumps that matched her red skirt business suit could be heard vividly. Out of respect, she removed the pure black shades from her eyes.

The sound of the song choice of the day, made her body go into a state of peace. Behind the counter was her best friend Sadé watching living single. Tapping her hand onto the counter, she caught the attention of the fawned-skinned female.

" You look exhausted." Running her fingers through the tresses of her dark brown high, she let out a heavy sigh.

" Thanks for pointing it out. Any new joints should I know about? I think I want to grab a James Brown record. I have this poem, I want to write and I need inspiration." Her soft-raspy voice spoke with such excitement within it. Today was one of those days when it was time for her to relax and do something that makes her life more easy than hard.

" Not as of late, but James Brown will be located in the Funk and jazz location. Over there." She nodded, adjusting the black Fendi purse over her shoulders, and walked over to the shelf full of records.

Music music music. The single word walked across her brain whilst she searched for a record that interested her. The way music could just soak you up, and make you feel good was amazing. The plastic on the records glazed her fingers tips softly.

The bell on the door rang indicating someone entered. Yet, she ignored it not wanting to look up. In walked the 6'3 caramel-skinned young fellow with a wide grin on his face. Around his neck was the Polaroid camera he kept on him at all times. Against the grey carpet his Midnight Total Air Max drug across. Over his shoulders was the black oversized windbreaker, a white tee underneath paired with light wash jeans. A black and white cap covered his S-curls fade, a gold hoop earring in his right ear. A gold chain dangled around his neck, as he playfully mushed the female head.

She scowled at him and pushed his hand away. " Leave me the hell alone Vanté, Aren't you suppose to be in class right now?"

" It's Friday." He scanned the place out of habit, but couldn't help to recognize the woman he'd been looking for since the night at the poetry club.

He eyed her from head to toe and landed on her round plump backside. Dressed in a red skirt with a matching blazer, and on her feet were red pumps that looked so good on her. The display of her short legs and thick thighs made him lick his lips at the sight.

" Take a picture, it'll last." He hushed her causing her to roll her dark brown eyes. He smoothly made his way over to her intending to get her number this time.