06. homesick

THE sky was painted with brilliant purples as it glittered down on Konoha as a young brunette was dragged down the street

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

THE sky was painted with brilliant purples as it glittered down on Konoha as a young brunette was dragged down the street. Dark puffy clouds moved with speed across the sky as a faint laughter could be heard from blocks away. The two arrived at their destination and sat on the stools in the quaint ramen shop. As they waited for their food, the warmth of the kitchen cooking reddened their faces. Naruto was talking her ear off, wanting to tell her all about his journey since the academy, not wasting a single detail. Chihiro would nod politely at every twist and turn, learning quite a bit from the overly excited shinobi in front of her as a dull ache grumbled in her stomach.

As he continued to talk, she was beginning to wonder if it was a mistake coming. She agreed because it would help get her mind off things, but in a way it made it worse as she sat there in ber own world while she tried to pay attention.

"This is going to be some of the best food you'll ever have!" he exclaimed, "I'm always here between missions it's the best fuel."

"I'll take your word for it. And Naruto?"

"Yeah?"

"If you become Hokage doesn't that mean Kakashi has to retire or?" she asked, especially after Naruto just finished talking about a very detailed plot to become the village's leader.

"Hmm well I don't even know if he really wants to be Hokage... you know we had a war a few years ago right? He just stepped up. Besides, he'll retire when it's my time to shine!"

Chihiro giggled, "just waiting for you then?"

"Exactly!"

Naruto was a sweet boy- though boy was up for interpreting as she discovered he was a year older than her. She'd never met someone quite like him, certainly his behavior woukd never had been tolerated at her academy. But the way he told her of past missions, she saw a fire burning in his eyes. With more maturing, he'd make a fine leader.

Naruto's eyes shot stars as an older gentleman carried two steaming hot bowls, setting them down on the counter they sat at.

"Thanks! Might as well get another one cooking," he yelled before diving in to eat again.

Chihiro stared down at the noodles, veggies and meat feeling her stomach growl painfully. She hadn't had a full meal in a few days, just thriving off snacks when need be. Looking at the food made a nauseas ball form in her chest and rise to her throat. Seeing the liquid swirl made her eyes obsessively watch before she squeezed them tight. When she looked over, Naruto was too absorbed in his food to notice her hesitancy towards the food. Swallowing hard, she took up the chopsticks, scooped up noodles, and watched as they cooled. She blew on them one last time before bringing the ramen into her mouth. It tasted fantastic; her tastebuds doing flips from the flavor or the fact they were getting real food for once.

"Good yeah?" he spoke through slurping down his food.

"Delicious." she hummed back, "thanks for bringing me."

PHANTOM PAINS.        // Neji Hyugaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें