3

This is a filler chapter between challenges to show interactions!

--------------------

Clyde POV:

Clyde sat in his bunk, curled into a ball, and resting his head on the wall behind him. He has headphones in and was listening to some music. (Let's be fr, it's blasting at full volume. He's going deaf soon lol) And he also was probably debating his life decisions and what led him here.

One of the girls went into the cabin, and immediately spotted Clyde.  "Hey, you're Clyde, right?"

Clyde obviously didn't hear her, because he was still blasting music in his ears (poor, sweet ears) and his eyes were closed.

"Uh, Clyde?" Lake tapped him on the shoulder.

"AGH WHAT THE FUCK-" Clyde's eyes snapped open and he flinched aggressively, bumping his head on the wall.

He took out his headphones, and clutched his chest, heart thumping in his ears.

"Gosh, you really scared me for a second there." He exhaled. Trying to play it cool. That's not going on national TV, right?

"Oh, sorry." Lake apologized, grimacing with worry but also secretly trying super hard to not laugh.

"No no, you're all good." He paused for a second, before asking, "did you need something?"

"Not really, just wanted to say hi because we've barely talked!" That's true, Clyde remembered seeing her ask the bus guy if he needed mental help, but he hadn't actually talked to her yet.

Clyde simply nodded. "The flower in your hair is nice!" He complemented, a bit flustered by his embarrassing moment just then.

"Thanks, so is your choker."

They spoke for a while. The minutes ticked by, one by one, until the sun was already past halfway in the sky.

Aiden's POV:

Aiden peeked his head into the cabin. He had been wondering where Clyde had been.

Immediately, he saw Clyde.. and.. Lake? Conversing on Clyde's bed. A twang in his chest made him frown. Why did that happen? It's good that Clyde was making friends! But, still. He shook his head, and walked into the cabin fully. It's not like Aiden and Clyde know each other well, but really, he'd felt his heart fluttering when he was reassuring him and holding his hand last challenge. He definitely didn't lay awake at night thinking about him.

"Hey, Clyde! And Lake." He greeted the two with a smile on his face, with noticably more enthusiasm in his tone when speaking Clyde's name.

"Yo, Aiden! What's up?" Clyde asked. He seemed pretty relaxed, normally he looked tense when he was around the others.. he wished it was only them alone, why did Lake have to be the person he was talking to completely relaxed? Aiden gazed at Clyde's face for a second, looking at how his green eyes reflected the light. He blinked, realizing he hadn't answered yet.

"Oh! James and I were looking for you, but you seem to be busy. So.. I'll just-.." He started to back away, awkward because he'd interrupted a conversation he'd definitely wanted to interrupt.

"I'm not that busy? Why were you looking for me anyway?" Clyde glanced towards Lake, as if apologizing with his eyes. Aiden felt another pang in his heart.

"Well, I don't want to intrude, so I'll go find Rosa. See you around, Clyde!" Lake stood up from the bed, her hand reaching up to brush an extra strand of hair out of her eyes, before she walked past Aiden, ultimately leaving the cabin, and leaving Clyde and Aiden together. Alone. Aiden repressed a smile. Maybe Lake was actually alright.