24 - flustered; thomas shelby

"You look beautiful tonight, my love

"You look beautiful tonight, my love." Tommy murmured against your ear, making a smile break out on your features. You turned towards him, planting a soft kiss to his lips.

"So do you." You smiled. A slight blush broke out over the Shelby's cheeks. He pressed yet another kiss to your lips, this one filled with love.

"Ugh! You two are killing me! Come on Y/n." Ada groaned, pulling you after her. You waved goodbye to your husband. You were newly wed, still filled with love and desire for one another. Stopping at the bar, Ada ordered two drinks for you.

You were at a charity gala for one of the Shelby orphanages. You had promised Ada to dance, which you regretted after she pulled you from your man. You looked at him from across the room. He was talking with a few men, a serious look on his face as they spoke. You always found him the most attractive when he was talking business.

"Oi! Stop oogling my brother and drink this!" Ada said, pushing a cocktail called boulevardier towards you. It was an American cocktail that quickly became one of your favourites. Liquors were expensive, but ever since you told Tommy how much you wanted to try different cocktails he made sure to buy the expensive fluids for you. Ada had also grown fond of the drinks, as well as other people. They had become quite popular in Birmingham, and the Shelby company had made a pretty penny because of them.

You quickly drank the sweet but also bitter drink up, ordering another. The sound of chatter became more prominent as the time passed. The alcoholic beverages having an almost instant effect on the people.

The smell of smoke, heavy perfume and sweat was pungent in the large room, smoke collecting by the ceiling. Loud jazz music was playing and some people were dancing dramatically. You and Ada were two of them. You laughed loudly as Ada moved with the music, she looked absolutely ridiculous making silly dance moves. You had a great time, until you saw your husband.

He was standing by the wall, a woman dangerously close to him. You both had vowed to remain loyal til death parts you, and Thomas Shelby was playing with fire. He didn't look all that interested, but still made no effort to walk away from the woman. Ada saw your mood change and followed your gaze.

"Men are pigs Y/n, and you happened to marry a swine. But i know how to get to him, come on." Ada slurred, pulling you towards the bar. She got a piece paper and a pen out of her handbag. She pushed it towards you before ordering two martinis. "Write something dirty, men love that sort of thing, trust me, i would know." She said as she met your questioning gaze, taking a sip of her drink. "How you want him to fuck you or-"

"Okay Ada! I get it." You laughed, glancing around to see if anyone heard. You began writing the note, your beautiful cursive handwriting making the note look pure and innocent, though it was far from that. You smirked as you folded it, giving Ada a smug look. "I would read it to you if he wasn't your brother."

"I'm thankful." She said, giving you a nasty look, making you chuckle. You gave the note to one of the waiters that was walking around, telling him to give it to your husband. Both you and Ada watched the boy as he walked up to Tommy, nervously handing him the note.

Tommy began unfolding it, eyes skimming over the neat letters. He cleared his throat as his neck reddened, quickly putting the note in his inner pocket. You and Ada shared a look before laughing slightly at his flustered look. The woman he was speaking to had a concerned look on her face, but he waved it off. His eyes began searching for you amongst the many people that surrounded him.

He finally found you by the bar. Without even saying something to the woman he began walking towards you. You smirked at her shocked face, then at him. His eyes were slightly darker, jaw clenched and walk fast. He finally reached you, grabbing your hand before pulling you with him.

You sent Ada a wink and she responded with a fake gag, but still threw a smile your way.

He lead you up the stairs and towards your shared bedroom. And as he locked the door you knew you were in for a long night

——
word count: 770