Back to School actually home..

I want to start this chapter off saying thank you to the first two people who voted for my story.  Swatisingh123 and nannaof4. This chapter is dedicated to you.  Thank you so much. Oh and sorry for the authors note.

The three weeks of the summer holidays went by in a rush. The fights Harry and Ginny had were the only distraction from an otherwise peaceful existence.  Hermione's apartment was still echoing from Ginny's last screaming session when she and Harry gathered their trunks and stuff for Hogwarts and they aparated to Kings Cross station to board the train.  They met Ron and Ginny there but it was awkward and Hermione excused herself using the excuse of her head girl duties to get away from her friends. She quickly found the head's compartment and was about to step inside when she saw who was inside.  Draco Malfoy was sitting there looking off into space. She stepped into the compartment and sat down without him even noticing. She wondered what his problem was but decided not to say anything. 

Ten minutes into the train ride they had to hold the prefects meeting. The room gradually started filling with the respective houses prefects from the different years and once Luna and Theodore Nott arrived the meeting started. 

Hermione waited to see if Malfoy wanted to start but when he said nothing she started the meeting and told the prefects all of their duties for the rest of the year and gave them a set of rules to clear up any confusion.

Then she gave each of the perfects a slip of parchment with the password to their dormitories on it telling then not to lose it. With that done she let the prefects go on their way to enjoy the rest of the train ride with their friends.

Once everyone was gone she sank down in the seat and let out a sigh of relief. 

This seemed to startle Malfoy out of his trance and bring him back to the present time. He looked around as if a little confused but snapped out of it and asked Hermione how long it would be before they arrived at Hogwarts. when she told him that it would be another thirty minutes he got up and after rummaging through his trunk for a while left the compartment to go change into his robes.

Hermione quickly put on her robes and had just taken her seat and opened her copy of Hogwarts A History when Malfoy came back into the compartment. He took his seat and they settled into a surprisingly comfortable silence for the duration of the train ride.

When the train came to a halt and all the students had departed she and Draco walked by all the compartments making sure everyone had gotten off safely, then they headed to the caraigge that was waiting for them to take them to he castle.