The next day

Hermione woke up feeling like her head was under water and she got to her feet unsteadily. Luckily she had some sober up potion in her trunk so she gulped it down and felt better instantly. She headed to the bathroom to shower and brush her teeth before getting dressed and heading down to breakfast.

Once she sat down Ron asked her why she had been avoiding him lately and she decided that she had had enough of pretending to be nice to him and playing stupid so she told him she wanted to break up.

He got angry and accused her of cheating on him telling her that he saw the way she and Malfoy snuck away from the dance the night before and he thought they had something special.

She lost it then and told him the reason she changed her look was because she caught him in bed with another girl and that she wanted to get revenge on him so she made him want her again only to break up with him when she had him hooked. She told him that Draco was sweet and helped her to her room when she was drunk and that she kissed him because he made her feel special without having to change anything about herself.

Draco was sitting at the Slytherin table when Ron and Hermione started yelling at each other.

"You kissed that bloody ferret?" Ron yelled.

"Yes, I did and he is a better kisser than you even when he is drunk!" Hermione yelled back.

Draco looked at her in shock and after realizing what she just said she ran out of the great hall with a blush on her cheeks. She couldn't believe that she had said that or rather yelled that for the entire school to hear. Including Draco..

After she left the great hall Draco stood up following her, he found her in the library hiding behind a book.

"Well, Hermione. That was quite the show with Ron. Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine. Just utterly embarrassed for saying that out loud." she said.

"It wasn't that bad. I don't mind people knowing that we kissed. I liked kissing you." he said.

"I liked kissing you too but I don't think that we should do it again. I just got out of a relationship and I don't think that I could handle another one so soon." she said.

"That's alright with me. You can take all the time you need and in the mean time we can be friends" he said.

"I like that idea, Draco" she said.