Finally

Today was the day she and Draco were going on their date and Hermione couldn't wait. She had put on a pair of skinny jeans and a white polo neck with brown furry boots for the cold weather. She walked into their shared common room to meet Draco and he told her she looked beautiful before they headed out into the cold.

When they got into the village they walked from shop to shop buying things here and there and talking about everything they could think of. Then Draco took Hermione's hand and they went into the three broomsticks for lunch.

After lunch they wandered through the village some more and ran into a few friends. They talked for a while before separating ways again and Hermione and Draco headed towards the shrieking shack.

"Remember when I made fun of you and Ron while you were standing here in third year?" he asked.

"Yes, I also remember Harry scaring you and you running away like a little girl." she teased.

"I was an idiot back then and I realize that now. You are amazing Hermione and any guy would be lucky to be with you. I would even live in a shack if it meant I could be with you." he said.

"Well you are pretty amazing too Draco and I would be happy to be with you too. We don't need to live in a shack though. It would be a bit of a downgrade for you." she said.

"Hermione, can I kiss you?" he asked.

She took a step closer and kissed him in response and he could feel himself melting. He loved her and he never wanted to let her go again. They stood like that in the cold not feeling it because of the warmth of the kiss and in that moment life was perfect. They pulled away and Draco looked into Hermione's eyes and whispered "I love you" and she whispered back "I love you too".