➤ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

█│║▌ ║│█ ⚠︎ 即使是神也会在绝望中打破自己的契约 ⚠︎   █│║▌│║ █

chapter two: gamophobia

"bye bye boss lady!".

"good riddance!".

aether gave a sheepish smile and quickly apologized for the actions of paimon who cheekily grinned after gobbling down plates and plates of almond tofu. verr goldet merely tsked and threw her back to the side.

sighing tiredly, she waved her hand dismissing their ordeal. "its alright, after all, you did get rid of the hilichurl camp" goldet pointed out, crossing her arms into an 'x'. laughing a bit, the boy then apologised once more and made his way toward liyue harbour with paimon gushing about how delicious their almond tofu was.

and as their silhouettes dimmed as they crossed over the flatlands, goldet began to restock the ingredients for the coming day. once she was done, she then began to make her way upstairs with the very last plate of almond tofu that she had kept from the hungry eyes of paimon.

"that traveller... what does he want?".

shaking her head, she carefully placed the plate on the lone table and chair. "he asked me a question that i don't even know how to answer to!" she muttered angrily, slumping down into the empty wooden chair. "the boy said he was looking for his sister? or something like that...".

xiao narrowed his eyes, he was taking a short break after a full week of extermining hilichurls brutally without any mercy. he tsked and then summoned his polearm, the emerald green glinting in the light menacingly.

there was no rest when it came to sending the abyssal creatures to where they belonged. it has been centuries and yet there seems to be no end to where the hilichurls came from. even his master refused to answer the question of where they all originated from, commanding him to never speak upon the topic again.

waving his blood-stained hand in front of his face, his mask materialised covering his identity. quickly glancing to the direction that the traveller was heading towards too (he seemed to go towards liyue harbour... maybe it was time to consult with his master again), huffing, he leapt off the roof and began to race towards the city.

aether quietly placed the incense sticks in the censer and clasped his palms together along with paimon. "i wish for my sister to come home to me, and together, everything will be alright again" he wished, opening his eyes and turning to paimon with a small nod. grinning brightly, she beckoned the boy over to observe the rite of descension.